Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
First timers

Loved thos place..was my first time on a boat and the fact that we were all four able to be... read more

Reviewed 22 August 2018
MZMARTINEZ613
Beaverton, Oregon
via mobile
Great Lake and park to boat swim and picnic

Blue Lake is a great place to have a family outing. Check when they stock it for the best fishing... read more

Reviewed 10 July 2018
Michael V

All reviews paddle boats marine drive columbia river wetlands picnic plants nature garden
Reviewed 17 July 2015

If you have small children this park is okay....except if they are under 5 they cannot get in the lake, even with an adult. The swim area is small and shallow. The water is questionable at times, sometimes the swimming is closed due to the water quality. Check before going.
There is a nice playground, it has a water pad. Don't be shy, get wet, don't let the little ones have all the fun.
Picnic tables in the area, some are reserved, or just bring a blanket.
Reason for only 3 stars is, the $5 per car entry fee. There are plenty of free parks in Portland. No dogs allowed, we don't go to the parks much if the dog can't come. Lack of hiking trails. Personal boats allowed only in winter.

2  Thank sjdesrv
Reviewed 19 February 2015

Nice park to have a family reunion or wedding reception. Play areas for children and a nice walkway along the waterfront.

2  Thank adventurewoman2011
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This park is big n a good place to have a BBQ or a picnic with family n friends. Let the kids roam around n play. Good times here. Or have business or church events.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We headed up here last week when the weather was nice. I was pleasantly surprised to find so many fun places and things to do and see. We played at the splash pad, which is so much fun, played on the many playgrounds and had a great time. There were lots of activities that we didn't get to do, but we would possibly return. There was also a small teaching garden next to the splash pad, that had some art and science activities going. My kids loved it. I took away a star because we could not bring our dogs (bummer), and for some odd reason, my 4 1/2 year old, fully potty trained child was not allowed in the lake at all. 5 and up only?! That was frustrating, and we may or may not return to this place just because of that. It wasn't fair to him that my son's older brother could swim but he couldn't.

3  Thank abbyjcpc
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I've been to this park a number of times over the past 10 years, as it is where the organization I work for has their annual member picnic. I've not spent much time exploring it, and the park is VERY large, and, well, I was never there just for the sake of playing/general relaxation, but the little bit I've experienced indicates to me that it is a great place for a picnic, eating and chatting with workmates. It is a great place in terms of location as well, being just a short drive from downtown Portland, OR, all of about a 20 minute drive. It's also adjacent to the Columbia River if you want to explore the river as well.

You can also rent a boat or go fishing in the lake, if that's what attracts you. Boat rentals are available at the lake, or you can bring your own.