“Eclectic and cozy”

Ranked #11 of 99 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a rustic Italian and seafood restaurant, with full bar and outdoor dining. We offer daily specials as well as dessert menu.
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Thursday night dinner with my wife, the place was packed but the very sweet hostess was able to seat us at a romantic corner table in the bar. She had the Chopped Island Salad with chicken and I had the Wild Grilled Salmon. The food was great and the wine list was respectable, I recommend the Silver Oak Cab. And to finish a most perfect evening, we split the Molten Lava cake with vanilla ice cream and coffee! A most excellent experience.

Christine G, Guest Relations Manager at 1285 Restobar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hello Jack and we appreciate your review. It is great to hear that, although we were busy, your experience was memorable. I hope you'll come back and eat with us again soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The food is good but the crème brulee was accompanied by someone cleaning the restroom in full view.

Christine G, Guest Relations Manager at 1285 Restobar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Hello Herman and thank you for letting us know about your experience. However, all our employees practice the all hygiene requirements. We are strict with this rule, as a restaurant should be. I'm quite confident the employee in question washed their hands at the bathroom sink before reappearing into the dining room, but I will make inquiries on this matter. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We are local and 1285 Restobar has been a go to eatery for us since moving to Florence 12 years ago. We have taken countless friends who have come up to the coast to visit because we know the quality will be top notch. How things change with a change of ownership.

I used to swear by the parmesan encrusted halibut, but lately the "lobster sauce" has changed from the original to a salty tasteless goo that virtually ruins a nice piece of fish. I was told they use their alfredo sauce as a base, but that isn't what the original recipe was.

Tonight my wife and I went for our anniversary. She had the fettuccini with chicken and alfredo sauce (the same salty alfredo they Now put on the halibut). She referred to it as hideous. First it arrived but the pasta was cold. After a return to the kitchen and a quick trip into the oven it was returned to the table. She commented to me that the chicken just was not to her liking. How do you mess up a grilled chicken breast?

My meal was just as I remember over all these years and I enjoyed every bite. I purposely did not order the halibut, because of the sauce, which I had last week when we took friends who were traveling through town to lunch.

Now on the third owner since we moved to town, we will have to be very selective in our selections from the menu for this point forward.

I can recommend the meat lovers pizza, but have to admit it has been a few months since I have tried it.

1  Thank SMcoast911
Christine G, Guest Relations Manager at 1285 Restobar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hello SM. I'm saddened to hear your opinion of us has changed. Since you are locals, I would like to invite you to come in again so we can make it up to you. Please ask for Kelley and Kurt or Chef Dan. They will ensure your meal is prepared to your liking. Thank you for your response and letting us know where we have room for improvement.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We visited our friends in Florence, Oregon this past weekend. We went to 1285 Restobar and were able to get a seat in pretty short order considering it was a Saturday night and we didn't have reservations. The manicotti was excellent and my husband enjoyed his
spaghetti and meatballs that he ordered exactly the way that he wanted them. They give you choices on the sauce, etc. on ordering the spaghetti and meatballs. The drinks were great and the service was fabulous too! We've had dinner here before and it's very consistent.

1  Thank OregonBorn1959

Hey there Oregonborn and thank you for leaving a review! We are pleased to hear you were able to try us again during your trip. Please come back and see us when you're in town next time.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We ordered a takeout pizza on my honeymoon. They gave us a time to pick the pizza up, but they forgot to make it. Thankfully I was slightly inebriated and there were nearby shops to look around while we waited. The pizza was delicious, but it sucks we had to wait 40+ minutes for food.

Christine G, Guest Relations Manager at 1285 Restobar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Hello Eva and thank you for the honest review. We strive to please all customers, and I'm quite sorry you had to wait longer than expected for your takeout order. We will address the issue so it doesn't happen again. We hope you can come try us again. I am sure you'll be pleased with your experience.