“Old furnishings, thin walls and ceiling, would not choose this place again.”

Econo Lodge Garibaldi
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Garibaldi
Reviewed 25 December 2016

Check in at 3pm, which is typical. Small place, maybe 20 rooms or so. At 1pm the parking lot was empty and so we stopped to see if maybe we could check in early. Denied, check in starts at 3pm. Strict with their check in time. That night were not many cars so we assume that our room was ready but since it was not yet 3pm, we were not allowed to check in.
We booked 2 rooms for one night. When we checked in they had it as 1 room for 2 nights. They promptly corrected this. We were given 2 rooms on the end of the first floor, closest to the road.
Upon entering the room I noticed that the curtains were open and the windows were the sliding type. This made me feel very uncomfortable. Most people would close the curtains so anyone walking by would know which rooms were occupied if the standard practice is to leave the curtains open. I wish I took pictures of the room. The room is NOTHING like those shown on trip advisor. The carpets are worn, there are random holes in the walls/doors from where there used to be fixtures, the beds are old and lumpy. We were given the ADA accessible rooms with roll in showers. The toilet paper dispenser is worn so the toilet paper tube/roll gets caught on the holder. The dispenser is a little farther from the toilet (I think because it is an ADA room). This became an annoyance to have to realign the toilet paper every time so that the roll would roll. My mom and daughter (12 yrs old) were going to stay in the other room but my daughter didn't feel safe and opted to sleep in our room on the floor. From our room (we had the room closest to the road) you could hear the cars driving by. The walls are very thin. At night I could hear the people above us walking back and forth all night, I woke up around 1am and didn't get back to sleep until around 4am because of all the walking around. It made me wonder who was staying in the room above us and what they were doing with the constant walking around from 1am- 4am.
The motel is located right off Hwy 101. There are grocery stores, a liquor store and a gas station very close by. There were eating places close by as well but we did not eat at any of them. Location is great.
We did take advantage of the free breakfast. Muffins, coffee, hot cocoa, yogurt and orange juice.
Overall, we did not feel safe. I may be a little paranoid but I prefer to err on the side of caution. The room is very shabby and run down. The location was good and the free breakfast was fine. Next time I am in the area I would prefer to get one larger room that will accommodate us, than 2 rooms (since we ended up in one room anyway).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor so the people above you won't keep you up all night.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MKKplus2

Reviewed 27 October 2016

The room was clean. However, the beds and linens needs to be replaced. Breakfast was a continental breakfast but very limited. For a diabetic nothing but coffee. This is a very low end motel. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you are looking for middle of the road this isn't it.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank SaraD81956
Reviewed 17 October 2016

The good - large room was on the main floor and had a window that opened. Nice restaurant across the parking lot and a short walk to the marina.

The bad - king size bed had large dip in the middle. The carpeting was stained and dirty, although after seeing all of the boats and fishermen and supplies going in and out it's easy to see why. Paper thin walls so we could hear everyone coming and going. The 'breakfast' consists of pre made muffins and yogurt and some really bad coffee.

We weren't expecting a lot given the price, but it certainly could have been better.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Horrible place. We weren't looking for or expecting high end but there is no excuse for the condition of the place. Lumpy beds, stained carpets, black shower wall grout and spiders. Too late for us to check out for the night and find something else. Seriously contemplating sleeping in the car. Out of here at sunrise!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Location was good for what we needed. My family was camping and I can't sleep in a tent anymore. This is a small town. Easy to walk around. Motel was older, but clean. Staff person was friendly. It was Labor Day weekend, but price was a little high for what you get. Alright place to sleep.

Room Tip: I was right by the office and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garibaldi
0.3 km away
11.7 km away
Western Royal Inn
Western Royal Inn
#2 of 3 in Tillamook

Been to Econo Lodge Garibaldi? Share your experiences!