“Hospitality Plus!”

Country House Inns Jacksonville
Ranked #5 of 8 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed at one of the Wine Cottages and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Everything is within walking distance in Jacksonville, and our cottage was just far enough away to be a nice retreat. I took advantage of the Adirondack chairs in the front yard each morning to enjoy a cup of tea and read the paper. The room had a small woodstove (not needed in August!) and a great King bed. Maid service restocked each day. In my opinion, great inns are separated from good inns by the way in which exceptional circumstances are handled. Without going into details, we encountered a frustrating situation that was difficult to resolve, but when we talked to the innkeeper about our problem, he came through with flying colors! Obviously the Inns are involved with the community and want everyone to have the best experience possible. We certainly did and would recommend this place without reservation!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2011

I stayed at the Wine Country Inn for three days and I had a great time. The room was quiet, clean, and spacious and was a short walk to downtown Jacksonville. The staff was very friendly and helpful in recommending good places to eat and fun things to do in the area. I especially liked the tables and chairs in the shade which was a perfect place to relax outside and have a coffee and read. I think the hotel was a very good value for the money and my dog enjoyed it as well!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2011

On a recent business trip to Medford, I stumbled upon a really great secret called Jacksonville. I've grown weary of the same box Motels in Medford and decided to give Jacksonville a try. All I can say is that form now on I will stay only in Jacksonville. I called Country House Inns after surfing the web and spoke to Michael. Michael was so accommodating and gracious. He suggested I try one of the "Wine Cottages" right in the heart of Jacksonville. I couldn't have been more pleased. My cottage was charming, clean and boy did I sleep. Michael suggested some wonderful restaurants all of which were great! He also suggested I try the hiking trails that surround Jacksonville and told me all about the town and the local wineries, entertainment and interesting things to do. I want to encourage anyone coming to Southern Oregon for business (or pleasure) to give Jacksonville and Country House Inns a try. Michael even signed me up for the Country Club rates and now I am really hooked! I look forward to my next business trip.......I really do!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We booked rooms at McCully House Inn several years ago. We stayed upstairs in the room at the front of the house. At the time it was called Mrs. McCully's suite, or something like that. Our friends stayed upstairs in the back of the house where the roof slants downward. We had a wonderful stay in Jacksonville, riding the horse drawn carriage, visiting the shops and having a delicious dinner. We had dessert at a table on the lawn at McCully House before retiring to our rooms. For awhile, we heard the sounds of staff cleaning and shutting down the restaurant. Eventually, we heard the last worker leave the premises and settled in for the night. Just as I was drifting off, I heard the loud squeak of a door opening - in our room. I sat bolt upright in the bed and screamed that someone was in our room. My husband stumbled out of the huge four poster bed in the darkness and found the light. Both the closet and bathroom door were firmly closed. We had our luggage on a stand in our room and hadn't even opened the closet door since we arrived. I demanded that he open the closed closet door to make sure someone wasn't hiding in there. Of course, there was no one in the closet, but it made a loud squeaking sound when he opened it. It was the same sound I had heard moments before. Needless to say, we kept the light on all night and I didn't close my eyes once. In the morning, our friends reported a restful and quiet night. At my insistence, we visited the cemetery that morning to pay our respects to Mrs. McCully. I contacted McCully house when we returned home to inquire if anyone else had ever had commented on strange events in that bedroom. They did not reply. We recently visited Jacksonville again in June 2011. The McCully Inn was closed, as was the restaurant. The gardens were gorgeous, with peonies, sweet william, roses and shrubs in full bloom. We spent time in the adirondack chairs reflecting on our last visit there. Pictures online indicate that the rooms have all been remodeled and I see no mention of any named for Mrs. McCully. It was, and is, a charming inn that once was home to Mrs. McCully and her children. I don't know if it was Mrs. McCully who wandered our room that night, or if things have quieted down since the recent remodel. I do know that it was a beautiful inn and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Loverofroadtrips
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Pros:
Pretty clean until I found the ring around the front of the tub.
Easy access to room.
Very nice front desk person at check in.
Cable TV.
Good barbecue place up the road.
Air conditioning worked.

Cons:
Beds were hard for me. Other person in our party thought they were comfortable.
Noise was awful. Was sure I could hear the people in the next room breathe and it was hard to sleep with their laughter and talking at midnight. No one at hotel after 9pm to complain to.
Ring in the tub.
Continental breakfast...is really a continental breakfast. If you are diabetic or eating healthy, plan on going to a restaurant.
No phone in room.
No microwave in room.
No coffeepot in room.

All in all, if this were the only place to stay and my other option was the car, I would probably stay here again. At least it didn't have roaches!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank debbs120
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
24.1 km away
1.1 km away
Bybee's Historic Inn
Bybee's Historic Inn
#4 of 8 in Jacksonville

Been to Country House Inns Jacksonville? Share your experiences!