“It's closed.......no surprise!”

Add it.
Mt. Emily Ale House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Well, it's been a year since my review of the Ale House, and we recently visited La Grande again, only to find the Ale House CLOSED. No surprise there. The great potential of the establishment was totally unrealized.
Dear reader, you and I or the 'guy down the street' could have taken this over and made a success of it! No question. Perfect location in the center of downtown, and the venerable former bank building has such great charm with huge bronze doors, large glass panels, marble exterior.....everything present for success. Still, owners with no vision and no allotment for staff means a disaster. Well, it's sad, and actually a tragedy because it is so totally unique. Hopefully, someone else with vision and commitment will take it over. It's a sure thing for downtown La Grande, and a great investment,
so STEP UP.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Well the beer was great and the food was average. I hate to say it but our table was sticky... yes sticky but we didn't complain. As I mentioned, the beer was great...

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a hidden gem (actually the whole town is!). The beer was brilliant (Porter, good forward malt flavour, nice hop balance ... the Jalopeno beer should be against the law - but I'm sure if folks like spice, this would be the one!) and the food, well .. A+

My wife (vegetarian) and I (serious meat guy) had the best burgers in 3100 miles of riding!. A+!!!!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Diverse food menu, Besides the pizza and beer that is served, try the fish tacos they are delicious! Service was a little slow but they were very nice and helpful. Atmosphere is unique , not everyday do you get to eat food in a refurbished old bank.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had a party of six, were had to get our own tables and chairs. Service was slow and the place was not busy. We finally were served drinks at which time our orders were taken. Had to wait about 45 min., for our food. No complaints about the food or beer.

1  Thank Harleyrider89