“Dirty carpets - black feet, hoard of red ants inside the front door”

La Grande Travelodge
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed 14 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The room was horrible. We reserved a King bed, non-smoking. When we arrived we received a full sized bed (that was attached to a King headboard). The room smelled so bad of smoke, that we had to keep our belongings in the closet to attempt not to have our items smell of smoke, There were spackle marks all over the walls from repairs (holes) that had not been completed. We asked to change rooms, but the front desk told us that they were sold out. The room was outdated, the toilet leaked on the floor and the towels looked as though they had not been cleaned. We took pictures of everything....Will never stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights recently. I had heard they had upgraded many things and had done thorough cleaning. What i found was that the carpets did look new. The bed spread was new and very clean. The overall immediate appearance was good. What bothered me was the bathroom. The door opened out, instead of in. If the door was left open, it blocked the front door from being able to open. The light switch was behind the door. Not in the bathroom itself, but outside the bathroom behind the door. So you had to remember to turn the light on 1st, then open the door to go in. The door size and bath area was large to accommodate a wheel chair, which i thought was good. The bath tub was good size and it had a fold down bench to sit on. There were 4 handicap bars around the tub. A bit much in my opinion. The 1st night there i decided to take a bath to soak my muscles. Again the bath size was good for that. However, when I laid down i could see all the black and white mold on the underside of the handicap bars. It was so disgusting!! My bath was immediately over. I couldn't even shower next day. The thought of all that mold made me sick. The rest of the room was clean and bright. My only other complaint was the color of the room. Normally it doesn't bother me, but highlighter yellow and highlighter green are not good colors to sleep in. Someone needs to rethink that. I didn't get a chance to check out the continental breakfast so i can't rate that. Sorry. Check in and check out where both easy. And the staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017

This looks like a motel from my youth. The facility is old, but that isn't a complaint. The welcome was warm and the room was spotless. Yes, the train came through during the night, but we didn't find it too disruptive. I've shared our good experience with family so they may stop on their next trip. It was an easy off and on the freeway.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family