All reviewsgas stationparking lotburger placeroom was cleancinnamon rollsthe breakfast areawould stay here againtwo queen bedsdecent sizefitness centerindoor poolshower curtaineasy accessbusiness centeroff the highwayconvenient locationwashington square mall
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

It is 10:51 at night. The bar next door has loud drunks outside and talk loudly and yells. The hotel for the most part looks and feels really nice but if you are facing the restaurant next door and the weather is nice expect the drinks to be out. I’m glad I decided to stay only one night. My next hotel is by the airport where it is quieter, if you can believe that. This is how close they are. This is not zoomed.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ron C
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Hi Ron C,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego for your lodging needs and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It's quite frustrating to learn that we did not live up to your expectations because of the outside noise. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and I appreciate your feedback. I take these matters seriously and I wouldn't want any untoward incidents happening in the future. I have already brought up your comments to the hotel's attention and I'm confident that necessary actions will be taken.

I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better experience upon your return, Ron C!

All the best,

Peter J.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This place needs new management, beware lots of red flags. They ask weird questions about the people in your party, they lock up creamer during the day they are not accommodating at all.keep your money and stay anywhere else.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Hi Tami J,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I am so sorry about the disappointment you had with us during your stay. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced and your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns. I would also like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Despite the disappointment, thank you for staying and best regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Nice room. Very quiet bathroom - couldn't hear when someone is showering. It was nice to have a couch and desk in the room. Nice breakfast buffet - kids loved the cool pancake machine. It was convenient for trips into downtown Portland also.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kmtcupertino
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Saw the billboard along the freeway and took the exit. Tired of snow slush on the highway. Better to take a rest a drive in daylight. Front end staff friendly and efficient. Clean room. A gas station, drive through Burger joint and little Bar right next door. Good location. Enjoy.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Harold W
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Who knew! We thought all Holiday Inn Expresses were the same. NOPE! Turns out not all of them are the new, quiet wonderful hotels we have been in, in the past. Turns out Holiday Inn Express has also bought some old hotels and put their name on them. Lots is the same...the furniture...bedding.. seems like everything is the same...but it’s not. The wonderful quiet rooms of the new buildings does not translate into the others, Like this one! We listened to someone tap dancing (or it sounded like it) ALL NIGHT LONG above us. This was such a noisy room...with quite frankly, a pretty lousy breakfast for a HIE. We were SO disappointed. I would drive past this one...sadly.

Room Tip: Make sure to get on the top floor.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Hi Ann M,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that our room accommodation, breakfast, and services did not come close or be at par with your expectations. We aim to be able to support you in your journey to success and your comments value to us. We have shared these with the management for review and because of this, we will continue to improve through the comments you have provided.

We value you as our guest and hope that you will give us another opportunity to better accommodate you.

Kind Regards,