“Bury me in a vat of Aladdin's hummus!”
Review of Arabian Nights

Arabian Nights
Ranked #45 of 160 Restaurants in Lake Oswego
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 17 January 2016

I seem to have lost my thesaurus. I need to look-up various versions of the word "Amazing".

To start off, we were seated by a waitress named "Heather". She was one of those rare cases where she didn't have that smarmy/smooth attitude that some waitstaff possess (this is a good thing). When I told her my order she replied, "Oh. Not my favorite. It's a little salty." How refreshing! I didn't get the suck-up response of "Excellent choice, sir." (BTW, mine was a little salty, but still <insert synonym for "amazing" here>!) Service was a little slow because the chef didn't pour our dinner out of can or pop it out of a microwave. He actually COOKED our meal fresh. The service was just the right speed for a meal that was cooked to order. (That was for the whiners in previous reviews that complained about slow service).

Now to the food... We started with the hummus appetizer. Oh. Good. Lord! Creamy not grainy. Light, delicate flavors that didn't beat you over the head. AND I wasn't able to cut a steel i-beam with my garlic breath afterwards! (A very good thing)

We all had the wraps (one Chicken Shawarma, one Lamb Kabob, and one Beef Gyro). <Insert a couple more synonyms for "amazing here>! All had nicely combined flavors and were just the right size for a meal.

We ended our stay at Arabian Nights with 3 slices of their Baklava and one Turkish coffee (coffee for me!). First the Baklava... <more synonyms here>. Delicate filo with hints of rose water, pistachios, and honey. So light and delicate you can easily cut it with a fork (no easy task with some old, stale, baklava you get in other restaurants).

The Turkish coffee was great (notice I didn't try to insert any synonyms here?). First a proviso... I am a coffee snob. I roast my own coffee. My favorite snobby way to describe some restaurant coffee I've had is to wonder out loud, "Hmmm...i wonder how old the sweat sock was they filtered the coffee through?" (See? Snobby.) This is the rare exception to my "All But My Coffee Sucks" rule. The coffee was dark and strong like good Turkish coffee should be. It even had little bits of cardamom seed floating around (again, like it should be).

To recap: Great waitstaff (real people). Amazing fresh made food. Just right serving sizes. Oh, and I forgot to mention...all this for under $45 (including tip!)

Eat here often! I know we will be.

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

Wonderful service- great food! Will absolutely be going back!! Falafel was delicious and had a really nice atmosphere--- highly recommend

Reviewed 3 January 2016

Fantastic food. Reasonable.
Do try the lamb shank and the kebabs. Baba Ganoush with the freshly baked bread is really nice.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

I am so glad we went to this place based on the recommendation from someone we know. We were hesitant at first based on the other reviews but decided to give it a try. The meats were done pefectly. We had the Lamb Shank, Lamb Kabob and Kafta Kabobs. They all had tasty seasoning. The lamb shanks were fork tender. We also enjoyed the appetizer with the tabouli, baba ghannouj, hummas and stuffed grape leaves. We will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 17 September 2015

Fantastic food! Loved all the dishes. We ordered 5 I think and each one of them was great!
Convenient location and ample parking.