“Surprise! It's great”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Le Delice
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Who would expect a counter service deli next to a big town hero to have some of the best Greek inspired food around? And it is inexpensive! The ladies behind the counter work hard and take a lot of pride in their food and it shows.

Give it a try, you can thank me later :)

1  Thank totallye

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I didn't try the pizza, but will next time. The hummus is fresh and homemade as was the soups, and Baba Ganoush. Don't let the atmosphere steer you away.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I usually eat lunch here once a week. The soups are the best and they have several choices. Sandwiches and salads are also good and there is a variety of selections. The women who own this are very friendly.

Reviewed 10 July 2010

Genuine hospitality, healthful food, skillful preparation, great choices for those who have food sensitivities.

Their menu is diverse and the fragrances promise less than the palate appreciates. Their falafal is outstanding. Pizzas are perfect. Choices for soups (5 and sometimes more!) of the day include vegan, cold, and all ways ethnic choices.

And attitude? When I asked how many soups they make, she said "We have 140 recipes because we don't want our regular customers to get bored."

More attitude: "I just can't serve something I don't like, so I really had to find a gluten free bread that is bread I can serve. Now we have it!"

1  Thank 8n8somemore
Reviewed 13 June 2010

This is the only restaurant in the Portland Metro Area I've taken the effort to write a review for because it is the best cafe to me in all of the Portland/Metro area. Cafe Le Delice has an extensive menu that can satisfy both those that like common standard fare such as chilli and cornbread and those that prefer something a little exotic. Those that prefer the exotic will be particularly pleased cause some of their dishes are truly unique.

I think the chef must have done some traveling cause a lot of the mediteranean dishes are taste as though they came from the foreign countries themselves.

The service is also extremely friendly and prices are good. Cafe Le Delice gets my highest recommendations.

2  Thank heehee62