“Excellent Chile Verde Burrito”

Pepe's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Madras
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We dropped in on a whim and were blown away by the excellent chile verde burrito. The woman who took our order was fun and helpful, the wait was short, and the room was air conditioned (really welcome!) We would definitely return.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch and the restaurant was full. Only one waitress so service was very slow. Kids shared a two taco plate which had rice and beans; they liked the rice and beans better than the tacos which used steak that was a bit overdone. Also had a small burrito combo which was huge. Also had a pogo carnitas plate; pork was a but overdone - but a huge plate of food. You pour your own beverages but refills cost 75 cents. Probably would not visit this place again as I feel there are better alternatives.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Pepe's has been around for a long time, now in a, "new" location (several years) and I stop there when in Madras for work. The people are super nice and the burrito I get is excellent. There are 2 sizes, I always get the large and then wonder why I got so much, but I can finish it.

There is inside seating at about 10 tables and then you get it to go. Seem pretty popular with the locals and that's always a good sign. Try Pepe's!

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Decided to drive up to Madras to visit the Erickson's Aviation Museum from Bend. Stop at Pepe's for lunch. Amazing food.
I had the chicken tortilla soup which was delicious the best I've had in a long time. My husband had the chili relleno which was excellent. The best he has had since living in Oxnard, CA.
Don't be put off by the simplicity of Pepe's. Service was more than friendly.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Pepe's is a mainstay in Madras, they have a loyal following and the food that has earned that reputation. Hungry? Steak & Bean Burrito is delicious -- just be sure to verbalize how much cilantro.