“Go! You won’t be disappointed!”
Review of 1882 Grille

1882 Grille
Reserve a table
Tue, 27/07
20:00
Ranked #25 of 105 Restaurants in McMinnville
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place was exactly what we needed! The cocktails were very good after a day of wine tasting. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We ate on the rooftop outside and it was a beautiful evening. The onion rings were delicious and the steak was fabulous! The bread for the table looked great but we couldn’t possibly eat that too. This place is a must if you are in town!

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (125)

Reviewed 13 June 2021

Horrible. The wood table was sticky. The diet coke was flat like the one I left in my truck for a week with the lid off. When I mentioned it they took the coke and i never heard about again, well, until they billed me for it. After is was given the choice for side with my burger,r (assumed the options came with the burger) I chose the onion rings. You know what is said about assuming. They charge $4.00 for 2 small onion rings . . .yes 2 SMALL onion rings.

Date of visit: June 2021
3  Thank NYBZ
Reviewed 25 December 2020 via mobile

Super amazing service by Victoria with amazing food and heated nice patio! Everyone loved the cheese pizza appetizer with marinara, trout, salmon and burgers! Great whiskey, beer and wine selection! Beautiful Christmas tree and fireplace! Bravo! Also prices were as little as 1/3 the cost of place down street that tried to force us to eat in unheated freeze your ass and face off outdoor patio when it’s 32F plus a forced rip off piece fix menu of 75 a person!

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Phenomjet
Reviewed 22 October 2020

An alfresco dinner on the rooftop terrace of 1882 Grille capped off our McMinnville soirée. The food was very nice, both staff and patrons were respectful of physical distancing and mask wearing, and the view was pleasant.

The Beet Salad was nice, but the burrata on the Burrata Salad was skimpy. Perhaps the best bets were the Pizza and Burger.

The service was delightful and accommodating.

1882 is probably one of the best eateries on McMinnville's 3rd Street, main drag.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank NewRecipesForLife
Reviewed 14 October 2020

We were visiting Willamette Valley for our 25th anniversary. We were driving around the area and ended up in McMinnville. It was lunchtime and we stumbled across 1882. Honestly, I wish we hadn't. It was around 1:30pm on Saturday, September 26, 2020 and they were at the end of their lunch rush. I called before we went in and the person who answered the phone said there was only one group in front of us and it would be about 10 minutes to get seated. We went inside and waited for a very long time to even be acknowledged, although a few staff members made eye contact. (Tip #1: Greet your guests, even if you can't seat them right away. Let them know you are aware they are there.) After about 15 minutes, they seated the group of 3 that was in front of us. We waited another 15 minutes, and another couple came in. At that point, someone finally addressed us and the other couple with something like, "Hey we'll be right with you." Another 5 minutes or so goes by and they take my wife and me to a table and the hostess offers to bring us water, which she did. Right after that, they immediately seat the second couple. The second couple has a server immediately go to their table, gives them a big friendly greeting and takes their drink order. We sit for at least 10 minutes with no server. I saw the hostess go by and she said that our server is the bartender too and he's busy making drinks, but he'll be right over. What?? You have a bartender trying to crank out drinks for a busy lunch crown AND he's expected to serve tables too?? That's not fair to him and it's definitely not fair to us. (Tip #2: Don't expect a bartender to do double duty. Let him make drinks and let the other servers pick up an extra table or two if you're busy." We asked the hostess if it was going to be long and she said she would go see how he was doing but it should just be a minute. The bartender finally came to our table out on the rooftop deck. He apologized and said that he was trying to make drinks and serve tables too. We told him that we've now been here for 50 minutes going on an hour and asked how long it was going to take for food. He said, "I gotta be honest, it's not going to be fast. They're super busy in the kitchen." (Tip #3: Don't tell a customer that the service they are about to receive is going to be bad. Offer to talk to a manager to expedite the order and try to salvage the experience.) At that point, we knew that things were not likely to improve and we decided to leave. I said to the bartender, "Well, we've been here almost an hour and it sounds like we won't be eating anytime soon, so I guess we'll leave." He said "Sorry" and we left. We left very quietly and took the elevator back downstairs. The only good thing that happened was that the hostess came down the stairs and caught us. She asked what was wrong and we explained the whole story to her. She apologized and offered to buy us a drink and she would make sure we received good service. When I told her what the bartender said, she said that he was wrong and the kitchen was caught up so it shouldn't take long to get our food. While we appreciated her offer, we were already unhappy with the ridiculous experience we had just had and declined her offer. I do appreciate her efforts, as this was the ONLY positive out of the hour we spent wasting our afternoon. This, after being told we would be seated in 10 minutes. Obviously, I cannot comment on their food quality, but it is pretty clear that the manager on duty was failing. I was watching the staff (because I spent a lot of time waiting), and everyone seemed to be acting frantically. The thing is, this is during social distancing, so not all tables were filled. It appeared that they were at a fraction of their normal capacity. (Tip #4: Hire experienced managers or train and retrain your current staff to deal with meal rushes. And what the heck? Why do you have your new bartender trying to schlep drinks AND wait tables? Let him do his job. Nobody wins in this situation, and your customers are assured of getting substandard service.) This experience was the only disappointment we had during an otherwise fantastic weekend. We have already begun planning another trip to the area, but I sincerely doubt 1882 will be on our agenda. The service was absolutely terrible in comparison to every other place we visited. Step it up, people.

Date of visit: September 2020