“5 star ribeye!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Ate here twice. We had steamed clams, calamari, and steak the first night and went back the next day for another steak and some salmon. Would definitely go again for the steak.
Restaurants fronts on 2 streets, from one side, walk through the bar and go upstairs to the restaurant.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

This is a fun coastal bar, no minors. They have good food and lottery games. Some of my friends say it's not for them, but my husband and I love it. Fun place to watch football. We love their clams and they have cheap good breakfasts. Just a fun hang out in Nye Beach.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

I know some may disagree with me but this was hands down the best clam chowder I've ever had! Contrary to some reviews I love that this is a easy going homey kind of place. Not everyone wants to eat at a upscale restaurant just to get a view! I'm happy places like this one exist. Our waitress was so sweet, just a doll. I will make it a purpose to come here every time I visit Newport. Thank you Sandbar!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Decent bar in the NYE Beach area. We stopped in while looking for a good location to come back to in the evening to watch the sunset. We were on vacation to the Oregon Coast from Montana over the Labor Day weekend and week thereafter. When we went up to the roof top seating, it wasn't really what we thought it would be, hence the "average" rating. I really thought it'd be done up a bit nicer if advertising the outside rooftop seating with ocean views. However, the employees were more than nice, very hospitable and we stayed for a drink. After our drink we walked on down the block to Nye beach which is where we returned later in the evening. We built a fire on the beach and enjoyed a beautiful sunset.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Had lunch at he Sandbar and wasn't impressed. A bit overpriced for average bar food. The waitress was slow and disorganized, our order was incorrect and when we asked for the right items, it was met with some contempt. the entire process seemed very slow, a bit understaffed I guess, but there was only of guests. The bill was completely screwed up, we were billed for things that we never received. While they were minor errors that should have been easy to resolve, but they were not.

I had a bowl of Chili and a small salad, $10. Seemed high for what I was served. The chili could have been warmer (it was almost cool) no cheese/onions offered or served and the salad was a few pieces of lettuce and two cherry tomatoes. Never received the bread that was supposed to be included with the meal. Others in my party had hamburger and fries, average, but requested sides never arrived.

Fairly average, nothing to seek out, but if you are in the area, hungry and not too picky, this place will suffice.

That's my .02 cents