“Walk to the beach”
Review of Ossie's Surf Shop

Ossie's Surf Shop
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Ossie's was great to rent a board from. Excellent customer service and as another reviewer has pointed out, about the only place you can rent a board and walk (more appropriately, dash across the highway and then walk) to an actual surfing beach. One would think that all surf shops would be at places where you could surf but that is not the case and getting a surf board and three people in a rental car just doesn't work.

They provided good equipment and good advice.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hello, I’m new to the area, and originally from Miami Florida, I have been checking out the different surf shops in the area, and settled on Ossies Surf Shop as my primary surf shop supplier, there staff was incredibly helpful in answering ALL my questions (plus pointing out things I did not consider that I should also factor in) and they did an excellent job in helping me select the correct gear for my skill level, for both surfing and kite surfing related things. There prices are the lowest prices in the county, I looked at shops in both Newport and Lincoln city as well but this Newport surf shop that is located near agate beach has the best selection in both new and refurbished gear, and has excellent rental prices on wetsuits and boards and kayak’s as well. Both the staff and the owner personally worked extra hard to get me up and going right the first time around and we went to the beach and my first day on the water with my gear worked flawless so they next day I went back to Ossies Surf Shop for a few more surfing items... plus I am considering getting ready to start some professional instructor lessons classes provided by Ossies Surf Shop to further my skills in the sport of surfing again they have the best rated instructors and also at the best prices.

If you’re a newbie like me or just traveling along the Oregon coast looking to do some outdoor activities, or need real answer provided by real professionals, then this is the place to go. Skip Wal-Mart, ignore other mediocre surf shops and go to the best the first time around. It will be worth your time and effort. Too go check out ( Ossies Surf Shop First!)

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I took a two hour surfing lesson with Mike and had an amazing time! He is a very patient and encouraging instructor. His personality and humor also made this a memorable experience that I won't forget. All staff at Ossie's are personable and helpful. I highly recommend Ossie's!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Well run with knowledgeable staff that are eager to assist you. Over the top attitudes. Surf classes, rentals, wetsuits, SUPs, new and used surfboards. These guys offer to special order the proper item, instead of selling you a product that won't work. Class act.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Passing thru I stopped in at oasis surf shop in Newport Oregon for kayak gear..they were able to help me with great Enthusiasm.