“Kayaked with Otters!!!”
Review of Ossie's Surf Shop

Ossie's Surf Shop
Reviewed 12 August 2016

We almost called off our plans to rent a kayak because the day was blustery. I'm so glad that we decided to ask the experts at Ossie's instead. They said that the day was perfect for where they were gonna send us. And it was!!
We spent a lovely 4 hours on Beaver River State Park and saw: heron, golden eagle, beavers, muskrats and of course OTTERS!!!
Worth every second!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Checked it out based on other reviews and from the first call they were great. Instructor took 3 teens out on Agate bay and we were free to explore the beach. One of my kids told me afterwards how amazed she was sitting on her board waiting for a wave and looking at the beauty of the bay. What better experience can you give your children?
Now that they have the basics, we look forward to renting the equipment and letting them loose on their own.

1  Thank Kathryn K
Reviewed 3 March 2016

We love to spend time during the summer on the beach. Last year my 8 year old son was watching another child skim-board on Beverly Beach. I didn't know anything about it, but later that day as we were driving to Newport, we spotted Ossie's and stopped by to see what they had.

I think the staff is use to clueless visitors...they made me feel welcome and helped us find a couple skim-boards for a really reasonable price. We spent the next several days enjoying a new beach activity.

I was really happy that the staff was able to help us out without making us feel as clueless as we clearly were. Thanks!

1  Thank fab4fam123
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

Was on vacation and my girlfriend and I decided to take a surf lesson. Being total rookies we took a private lesson. Arriving at the shop we were instantly greeted by friendly staff. Once paperwork was done, wetsuits were fitted, and they have lots of sizes , boots and then boards were sized up.
Our instructor arrived early, which is always nice , we then were told to leave our car as its a short walk to the beach. Huge bonus there, being able to just walk. Once at the water our instructor was awesome, explained technique, wave reading, currents, and within minutes we were in the water. Must say, best shop experience ever. Will go back for sure

1  Thank Phil S
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I have never been into ossies and not felt welcomed. No matter what the purpose of the visit, they are always there to help.