“Yummy seafood stew”

Mo's Annex
Ranked #24 of 121 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Mo's Annex opened in 1968 as a companion restaurant to the Original Mo's. Mo's Annex specializes in Oregon coast seafood cuisine in a casual atmosphere. Features Mo's famous clam chowder and a variety of fresh local favorites like oysters, salmon and crab.
Reviewed 9 July 2016

We had a stew with lots of different seafood and the most delicious broth. Came in a large odd shaped metal bowl with some toast. It was excellent....had we had more room in our stomachs, we would have order more! We enjoyed the Annex because it sits next to the water and the view is much nicer than the Mo's across the street. Very friendly staff also.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Hubby and I wanted lunch that was not fried. So we came to the annex for the view and menu. I have been wanting to try the soup dish that has fish, clams, oysters and crab in it (forgot the name). It was wonderful and seasoned well. I know there would be some cracking to do, but this is lunch. There was so much that my husband had to help polish it off . He had a salad with Cajun shrimp and was pleased. Great part was we saw the fishing boats come in. When we finished our meal, we went to the upper deck beside the restaurant and watched todays fishermen get their fish cleaned . Would not have know had we not dined at the annex

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Had a dinner at Mo's annex. Got right in and the staff was attentive and friendly. Place if great for kids and the prices are good. If you're looking for higher end dining and atmosphere might want to make another choice but for inexpensive, good seafood this is kind of an iconic choice.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We checked out the menu posted outside Mo's Annex as we walked by and decided on what to order before walking around town. When we were done touring, we went into Mo's Original and surprisingly found out that the two restaurants have different menus. Mo's Original did not have what I wanted, so we got out and crossed the street to Mo's Annex. Got a table by the window with a great view of people coming back from their fishing trip. I ordered the Seafood Saute, husband got the Seafood Cioppino, son had the clam chowder in breadbowl. All very good, but the best was the baked Yaquina Bay oysters that we shared. Seven huge, plump oysters in the shells, baked to perfection! Next time that will be all that I need to fill my stomach. One great satisfying lunch with wonderful service.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

My wife and I were here celebrating our anniversary and were in the mood for a good fish dinner. Mo's was absolutely yummy. We both had the Alaskan halibut and clam chowder and it was delicious. The young lady that waited on us was very friendly and professional and took good care of us. There are two Mo's restaurants right across the street from each other. We chose the one on the waterfront for a more romantic atmosphere. We would highly recommend Mo's to anyone in the area if you enjoy great food.