“Superb crab soup”

Local Ocean Seafoods
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Ocean Seafoods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 September 2015

The crab soup here is superb - we go back again and again just for a bowl of soup. Many choices of delicious and carefully sourced local seafood on the menu. If you sit upstairs you have the best view of the Yaquina bay in town. The Dutch bartender who runs the bar and small tables around the bar provides the most attentive service of any staff we've had in Oregon, anywhere.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,457)

Reviewed 28 September 2015

One of the more popular dining choices in Newport, sometimes for reasons that escape us. But the food generally is fresh and good but the prices might make you find a better value at other places. Last night I had the fish stew which was good, tasty, and fresh but I wish it was a little hotter in temperature when it was served. My wife had the pan fried oysters which were done quite well but compared to the Chowder Bowl, we'd have to give the nod to the Chowder Bowl. Appetizers of steamed clams was ok, not something to rave about and my shrimp soup was good, but if it was a bit hotter again, I think I would have savor end it more. Prices seem on the pricier side. Make on line reservations to be safe. We did and got our table promptly.

Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed a very good dinner here. The only reason I did not give it 5 is because my crab cakes were a bit spicy for my taste and it was not noted on the menu that they would be spicy. No matter where your table is you have a nice view of the bay. We will eat here again when we return to Newport.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Fabulous seafood...creative recipes... Everything was super fresh!.. I got the spinach salad that was supposed to come with smoked salmon... They happily subbed ahi tuna which was delicious... Nice atmosphere... Good service ." Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 26 September 2015

We make a special trip to Newport, just to try the seafood and we were not disappointed. Claims, chowers, lobster roll, poke, Fishman's wife stew, we tried. No problem getting parking and next to the harbor for the views. Newport is worthwhile to visit alone. So go.