US$162
US$161
US$183
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$264
US$162
The Whaler(Newport)
US$157
All reviewscrab dockcrab cookingyaquina baygreat viewliving roomclamssea lionsfamily vacationfull kitchencrab potnice roomdvd playeroregon coastcrabbingtubscondodocks
Reviewed 6 June 2015

We wanted to go to the Beach for the Weekend from the Portland/Vancouver 90 degree heat for this weekend. I went online to check all the usual Hotel Reservation sites. I honed in on this place but didn't like the $179.00 Best Price. I waited till today and booked for tonight on Hotel Tonight for $99.00. It looked OK from the outside. Our Room was in Building G about 3 blocks away. I has booked two nights and they only had me down for one. Our Room was about 95 degrees and stuffy. We opened up every window and got a cross breeze. Everything was dated by 20 to 30 years. No Table use Laptop. Bed was a mattress on a wood frame with no Box Spring. We had a Balcony and could see half the Bay and the Bay Bridge with a large chimney pipe in the middle of our view. We are moving out first thing in the morning . Will never stay here again even if it was $50 a night.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joy Z
Bob H, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

Dear Jeff Z,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Embarcadero Resort. I'm sorry that your experience was not what you expected. I hope you will give us another try to change your mind.
Thank you.
Bob Hugo

Reviewed 30 May 2015 via mobile

Older room but pretty nice, it had a great view! No coffee ( and I had asked for extra). They brought some but didn't notice nothing to stir it with. Little things should have been better, but the views made them small things. ..We will stay again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Bob H, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

Greetings Dajoyoung,
Thank you for the recent review. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Embarcadero Resort. I have spoken to our housekeeping department regarding the proper stocking of the guest rooms. Thank you for letting us know. We look forward to seeing again on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

It is an older property, but they have complete kitchens and the location is great. They have done some remodeling. Walking distance to the docks, you can watch the commercial boats unload. Old town is in the same location. Fun to go through the shops.

Room Tip: Cannot say enough about the location; just great.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Bob H, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Allison,
Thank you for the recent review of the Embarcadero. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Rooms were fine but had to drive to the pool each time, too far to walk and all uphill. Rooms were furnished well and had everything needed for stay, got some great weather and was able to take a long stroll on the beach for out 37th Anniversary.

Room Tip: Pick lower level for bay view and closer to pool.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you Wafertech for your recent review of the Embarcadero Resort. I'm sorry that your room was not closer to the pool. On your next visit, call the hotel directly and request a room closer to the pool. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thank you.

Reviewed 13 May 2015 via mobile

We went to their restaurant for Mothers Day. We were seated. The view was great. After waiting over 15 minutes and being ignored, I stopped a waitress walking by and told her our beverage order. We went to line up for brunch food. No plates!!! 15 of us waiting wasn't a clue that we need plates? The plates finally came and had specks of food on them. A Brunch cook used his bare hands to toss vegetables onto the tray. The prime rib server was pulling his loose pants up with bare hands and then slicing and serving the cold prime rib. It wasn't worth the 104$ for the four of us to eat there. my husband is now referring to this restaurant as "Em- barf- adero".

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Bob H, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2015

Dear Theresa,
Thank you for attending our Mother's Day Brunch last weekend. I am sorry to hear that we temporarily ran out of plates during your visit. While we received many compliments on the food and service, I am sorry that we did not hit the mark with you. I hope you will allow us the opportunity in the future to regain your trust and try us again. Thank you for letting me know about your experience.