All reviewscrab dockcrab cookingyaquina baygreat viewliving roomclamssea lionsfamily vacationfull kitchencrab potnice roomprivate balconydvd playeroregon coastcrabbingdockscondo
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We stayed 7-6-17 This hotel is so run down. The only thing good about it was the view! They put us in a 1/2 room at full price. No table, very old furniture. 2 flights of very steep stairs, no table, no closet, spent 1/2 hour looking for the remote.
So after we called and said this is not what we booked, they said oh so sorry we can put you in a different room but it would cost 30.00 more because they were all booked up. The parking lot was not full, not even close. We moved to another room, old furniture, remote did not work, had to call to get it fixed. We asked for a king bed this room only had a queen. When we checked out the person at the desk was very apologetic and said that the new GM was trying to get the hotel back up to standard. But no one bothered to tell us this when we booked the room. Very sad for anyone else that has that sad experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tschilz3
Reviewed 30 June 2017

I came for the Newport Half Marathon and decided to stay at this hotel because it was the Race Headquarters hotel and right across the street from the finish line. We loved our room and the wooden vaulted ceilings, skylight, reading nook, and balcony with views of the bay. The cruel irony was we were on the third floor and walking up 13 stairs to access the room after running a half marathon was not fun! But that's a minor detail and kind of funny thinking back on it. The room had a mini kitchenette, refrigerator, and microwave. However, our room did not have any silverware or dishes. Thankfully we had packed a cooler of food and thought to bring our own plates and silverware from home so it was a non-issue for us. The furniture and bathroom are slightly dated but that seems to be a trademark with a lot of hotels we've been to on the Oregon Coast. As long as it's clean and well maintained we're happy and this place was. There was an adorable reading nook with a a skylight which I think was one of my favorite parts of the room and our private balcony was a treat with the views. We also used the pool... it's very large and the water is very warm... like bathwater. It was great! There were two outdoor hot tubs which we enjoyed using as well. There is an option to rent DVDs at the front desk that you can bring back to your room and there was a little store that you could buy ice cream treats, sodas, and local ciders. Overall, we really enjoyed our room and the Embarcadero Resort Hotel and if we're ever in Newport we'd stay here again. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is eating at the on site restaurant, we were really disappointed with the food and service there.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

had a beautiful one bedroom on the ground level.our room had a balcony which overlooked the water and all the boats docked there.they have a hot tub actually 2 which are outside near the indoor heated pool,also a sauna.it is close to old bay area,so you can either walk or take your car for free parking.also there is a restaurant attached and besides a grill they have a crab pot to boil your catch of the day.really enjoyed our stay.oh yes and in our unit a washer and dryer which was great.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

This place....where do I start? The screaming kids trying to get into our room for the day and night we were here? Or the screaming kids and slamming doors and yelling coming from the adjoining room at all hours? Or the loud upstairs that shakes the items in the room....or should we go back to the children allowed to scream and act like fools in the room that is basically our room, too. Never, ever stay in this place if you want peace and quiet. There is no management that stops them and people these days travel with children that act like wild animals. The guttural noises and shrieks and crying made me fear they were being beaten but then as it went on and on I realized they are just horrible monster children and they need Super Nanny to give them a reality check. No one wants to spend hundreds to get poor to no sleep and constantly hear other people's problems. But hey....look at the brighside...the parking lot right outside your room is also a playground for deviant children and someone tried to pull our screen off while we were sleeping in our room. So instead of hearing the sounds of the water we had to lock up tight as a drum so people wouldn't rob us in our sleep....and so all we did hear was the kids in 432 and I'm still hearing them as I type this. So if you do stay here...don't pay for the late checkout because you will want to get the heck out of here. Having traveled the world I can say I've had better stays in underdeveloped countries...and children that were guests at those same hotels weren't beasts. We have kids...who we often travel with and we NEVER allow any of these shenanigans. They would never think it ok to scream and act like fools and continually rattle and try to open very definitely locked doors. The hotel here gets 0 stars and the parents get negative stars. As for the room...they are older, dated and the bedding is uncomfortable, beds poor and the pillows cheap. If there wasn't kids and doors and windows trying to be opened...this place would still be poorly rated for the amenities and the lack of updates for the price.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Anna H
Reviewed 23 May 2017

If you're looking for a 5-star resort- this is not your place. It is not you're typical hotel, the rooms are actually apartments/condos owned by occupants who choose to rent it out. When making the reservation I had requested a waterfront room (assuming that would put me in one of the room right up against the water. At the time of check-in, I was a little peeved that we were assigned was the row of building behind the waterfront rooms. However, our room still had an AMAZING view of the bay so I was not at all disappointed!! The area is quite and serene, though the room walls are a tad thin so if you have loud neighborhood that could get annoying. Our room was clean (a little outdated) and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple