We checked into the Embarcadero for one night while driving up the Oregon coast. The one-bedroom unit was large with a living room, kitchen, bath, and bedroom, and well equipped. Initially, we thought the lack of A/C would prove a problem, but after opening the bedroom window for a cross draft of the ocean breeze, it proved to be sufficient. Although somewhat dark, with limited space for luggage, and a curtained closet, negatives to the bedroom were minimized by the comfort of the bed and pillows. It was comfortable and we slept well.
I'd stayed at the Embarcadero in past years, but always in a building on the marina. This time our room was in building K, higher on the hill above the parking lot. In comparison, the view and lack of immediate proximity to the water was disappointing. Unfortunately, the "Embarcadero magic" that I experienced as a younger man years ago wasn't there on this visit. Maybe it was my fault for not specifying a marina unit, but overall, the property is pleasant and it was an enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Yaquina Bay in Newport Oregon - every well appointed guestroom has a Million Dollar view of beautiful Yaquina Bay. Full Service Hotel - with Restaurant, Lounge, Indoor Salt Water Pool and Spa, Crab Boat Dock and Boat Rentals, 4000 Square Feet of flexible Meeting Space with Full Service Catering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embarcadero Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embarcadero Resort Newport
- Embarcadero Hotel Newport
- Embarcadero Newport Oregon