I made a reservation last weekend around 4 pm, a little after 6 pm our plans had completely changed and we called to cancel. The front desk said no way and we would be charged the full $150. After a long drive we were able to arrive just before midnight. Upon check in, I asked the front desk Jennifer and Doug why I was not informed of the inability to cancel my reservation when I had made it earlier that day and Jennifer replied she had not realized when I called that I had made the reservation that day and implied I would have been able to cancel had this been known. Why wouldn't she look up my reservation before just saying no? We were already exhausted and fed up with this place.
The room was stuffy, hot, no fans of any kind. On top of it all we slept poorly in the uncomfortable heat, even with the windows open there was no way to circulate the air. Plenty of great options around here, skip this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Yaquina Bay in Newport Oregon - every well appointed guestroom has a Million Dollar view of beautiful Yaquina Bay. Full Service Hotel - with Restaurant, Lounge, Indoor Salt Water Pool and Spa, Crab Boat Dock and Boat Rentals, 4000 Square Feet of flexible Meeting Space with Full Service Catering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embarcadero Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embarcadero Resort Newport
- Embarcadero Hotel Newport
- Embarcadero Newport Oregon