“Mediocre..”

Embarcadero Resort Hotel
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We stayed in room 216 in D building. There is no a/c in this unit.
The flies, we had to go and buy a fly swatter.
The shower in the bathroom has seen much better days. It looks like at one point in time there was a shower door attached to it. Now there are rusty looking holes where it should have been.
The counter in the bathroom, has a very poorly repaired break in the counter top right in front of the sink.
There needs to be more lighting options. One small table lamp for the whole living room.
There are only two windows that open in this unit, one in the living room (a small slider) and a window in the bedroom that opens at the top.
No screen door on the patio door, to open it.

The view is nice and all, but really, when you spend several hundred dollars for a room at a "resort", it should feel like you are at some place special. I wish that I could say that we would stay here again, but not sure that is the case.

Attaching photographs so that you can decide for yourself.

Room Tip: This is called luxury, please do due diligence and look at the pictures and know there are some stai...
3  Thank makauff2

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel was great to stay at while visiting the beach. Great location on the bayfront marina. Clean, cozy room with full kitchen. Nice pool and hot tubs outside so that you can watch the seagulls fly overhead. Beautiful view of the bay. The only things to not give a five star review is that there were no towels poolside, so I had to walk back to my room soaking wet and dry my floor with my bath towel. Also, the coffee maker in my room did not work so I almost had a slight breakdown in the morning. Check in was also pretty late. We couldn't check in until 4 pm. There was road construction going on in front, so getting in and out was very difficult. Despite these things, I would still highly recommend this place, and I would return because the atmosphere is wonderful, and the bed was very comfortable. Nice, beautiful room and view.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I made a reservation last weekend around 4 pm, a little after 6 pm our plans had completely changed and we called to cancel. The front desk said no way and we would be charged the full $150. After a long drive we were able to arrive just before midnight. Upon check in, I asked the front desk Jennifer and Doug why I was not informed of the inability to cancel my reservation when I had made it earlier that day and Jennifer replied she had not realized when I called that I had made the reservation that day and implied I would have been able to cancel had this been known. Why wouldn't she look up my reservation before just saying no? We were already exhausted and fed up with this place.
The room was stuffy, hot, no fans of any kind. On top of it all we slept poorly in the uncomfortable heat, even with the windows open there was no way to circulate the air. Plenty of great options around here, skip this place.

Room Tip: too much money for lousy service, luxury hotel for the area. Rooms are stuffy, hot, without any sor...
1  Thank RK4747
Reviewed 20 September 2017

When you're snapping up a great discount, sometimes you have to take what you can get--$99, but lots of stairs. But the unobstructed view of the bay, bridge, and sunset is well worth it. The attached restaurant is competitively priced with other slow-food sources and has some innovative and creative offerings.

Room Tip: Watch for discounts!
2  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The rooms are really nice.Each has a seclded balcony with a view of the harbor. But, and perhaps this was because it was after labor day the service was vestgial. We gas to request cutlery and pkates for our room. It is a pity that such a well conceived hotel doesn't quite make it,

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JonathanPeterEdward
Travellers also viewed these Newport hotels
2.1 km away
2.1 km away
Hallmark Resort
Hallmark Resort
#2 of 24 in Newport

Been to Embarcadero Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embarcadero Resort Hotel

Address: 1000 SE Bay Blvd, Newport, OR 97365-4201
Region: United States > Oregon > Oregon Coast > Newport
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Price Range: $159 - $234 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Embarcadero Resort Hotel 4*
Located on the shores of Yaquina Bay in Newport Oregon - every well appointed guestroom has a Million Dollar view of beautiful Yaquina Bay. Full Service Hotel - with Restaurant, Lounge, Indoor Salt Water Pool and Spa, Crab Boat Dock and Boat Rentals, 4000 Square Feet of flexible Meeting Space with Full Service Catering. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embarcadero Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embarcadero Resort Newport