“Last Night in Oregon”

El Tapatio Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Oak Grove
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Was told this was one of the best Mexican restaurants on this side of the river. We went here for an late lunch / early dinner. The margarita was good and the food was something that I would come back for. The place looked a little dated, and was not busy probably because of the time. The food was hot and a somewhat spicy, not spicy enough for me, but very good food. Next time in OR I will stop in for some more Mexican food.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I understand they make a great Margarita here, but we don't drink and drive so never have tried them.

We love their Enchiladas Suisse and their different combination platters. All platters come with a generous portion size of rice and beans.

Chips and two types of salsa come with the menu and they are happy to refill if you are like us and like to dip your beans with the chips.

This isn't a showplace but it is a great place for great mexican food and extraordinary service. We have never had to wait long for our food and have always been satisfied with the selection.

We are not large eaters so we often get the 3 Enchilada platter and split it on separate plates. They are always great about accommodating us.

We eat here often and really love the service and the food.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Food great, staff friendly, good service. Website won't take excellent rating for some reason. Webmaster, please fix!

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Unexpected find in a strip mall. As soon as we were seated, we were served salsa and chips. The waiter was friendly and offered us advice on the various choices. The food was served in a few minutes. The presentation was average but the food was good. The spicy salsa was great as I added it to my meal.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

Yes, more than a hole! Ive driven by this place a gazillion times but because its set so far back in the strip building I've never gotten a good look at it. Honestly I thought if was a cheesy Lotto bar. Its actually a pretty decent Mexican food place that was totally packed when we got there. Even after we were seated the lined continued to back up. I had the Arroz con Pollo, which was awesome. The serving size was smaller than other local places but it was good. The wait staff are pretty friendly and very attentive. Looking forward to going back....