All reviews portland airport shuttle service rental car early flight park and fly outdoor pool breakfast staff clean rooms free shuttle nice breakfast cascade station front desk staff complimentary breakfast next morning would stay here again convenient location fitness center
Reviewed 1 October 2015

The hotel is very close to the airport but I rarely heard the arriving/departing planes. The shuttle service to/from is very nice. We left our car in their extended stay parking lot and it was exactly as we left it. Rooms on both nights we stayed were very clean and comfortable. However, our return room the air conditioning unit barely functioned which made the room stuffy.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 30 September 2015

The quality of the room was excellent along with the bath facility. The front desk when checking in was cold, unfriendly and charged 200 for a nights stay on Sept. 20th. We never used a hotel without reservations and shopping first. They took advantage of an elderly couple very tired and desperate. Oh, they were far from full also. We found the accommodations excellent however.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nathan W, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Dear Bob C,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am happy to hear that you found the room and the accommodations to be to your liking. However, I am terribly sorry to hear that we fell short in other areas. I apologize that our front desk staff seemed cold and unwelcoming - we strive to have the best of the best at our front desk and I am sorry to hear that was your first perception of our hotel. Because I don't have much information regarding your stay besides the rate and the night, I cannot provide much feedback on this. However, I can promise you that the front desk team does not have authority over rates - they can only choose from a few pre loaded rates which include our daily rates and discounts available, but they cannot go any higher. I apologize that you felt like you were being taken advantage of, but I can assure you our staff would never do that sort of thing intentionally. If you ever travel to the area again, please reach out to me directly and I will make sure you are getting a fair rate and we make up for our mistake.

Kind Regards,

Nathan Walden - Sales Manager

Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Very conveniently located. Friendly and easy check-in. Definitely get a room at the end of the hallway. We got room 300. Don't book here expecting a view. Airplane noise was present (clue: it's an airport hotel). Pool and hot tub outdoor were closed Sept 1st. That was a bummer. Room was clean. Bathroom was clean. Checkout was a breeze.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Stayed for a night before boarding a place. Location is great since it's so close and the shuttle runs every 10 minutes. The hotel was very basic, not at all like I am used to as an HHonors member. No fridge. No indoor pool. No restaurant!!! You have to walk next door to the Sheraton to get food. Bed was terribly uncomfortable and pillows were terrible! Fan in room says to run constant but does not so there is no noise at all to sleep. Continental breakfast didn't start till 6 or 630 so early folks headed to the airport can't partake. For $175/night, definitely not worth it!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Katie L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad to hear that the location and shuttle service were beneficial for your during your stay. However, I am terribly sorry to hear that we were not up to your standards in other areas. As of current, as a brand standard, we do not have to have a mini fridge or microwave in the rooms. However, we do have some on property, so if you would like one in your rooms please let the front desk know and we can have one in your room before arrival. We do have a pool on property which is a seasonal outdoor pool, but we do not have one indoors and for that I apologize. The Sheraton is under the same management company as us and they have graciously allowed our guests a 10% discount because we do not have a restaurant on property. We have replaced the all the mattresses in the hotel since your stay and we have had very positive feedback from our guests. During the week our breakfast is available from 5am to 10am and Saturday and Sunday it is available from 6am to 10am. We do have grab and go breakfast options at the front desk everyday so folks traveling to the airport early can get something to eat if our breakfast isn't available yet.

If you ever travel to the area again, please feel free to reach out to me directly. It would be my pleasure to try to right this wrong to the best of my ability.

Kind Regards,

Nathan Walden - Sales Manager

Reviewed 23 September 2015

This is the Sheraton right outside of the Portland, Oregon airport. It is also convenient to the main Portland downtown. Everything seems to be within a 5-mile area of downtown Portland. I stayed at hotel Sept 19 & 20 and plan to return for 2 more nights this week. Hotel has modern common areas, is immaculate (anyone who knows me knows that is THE most significant priority for me as I am slightly OCD). The check-in was pleasant, front desk staff accommodating and professional (Mary especially gracious-front desk). There is a bright fitness area on the first floor, which I did not use. We had dinner in the restaurant. The food was good, value acceptable however the service was concerning. There was only one man serving the entire restaurant. There must have been 30 people in the restaurant portion (not including persons sitting at bar) and there was only this one person to accommodate every customer. The restaurant was significantly understaffed. Perhaps this is the case because the poor man racing around at inordinate speed, was so kindly that I believe most patrons felt sorry for him and the reason probably no one complained. The lack of staff should be addressed. The bedroom itself was large, a nice décor and again immaculate. The bathroom was immaculate and large enough, however lighting is not good enough to apply makeup. Although there is a mirror which pulls out from the wall-there is insufficient lighting to use the mirror. One would have to use their own mirror and go to the window, which in my case, in this room had a bright exposure. The ceiling in the bathroom is low and of the popcorn variety. It is not attractive. I would assume renovating the bathroom ceilings is on the agenda for the future. I would suggest that either the lighting in the bathrooms are replaced or replace the pullout mirror with high quality lighted – French style makeup mirrors. There is a nice business area with computers, printer and another round large area for the with laptops. There was people in the common area conducting what appeared to be non-hotel related business, i.e.meeting/interviewing. Overall, very good stay. Acceptable value. I will stay again and I recommend.

1  Thank SWEETHEARTSUNNY