3,406 results
All reviews red star king suite wine hour happy hour animal print robes social hour wine reception bottle of champagne living room mini bar every evening voodoo donuts attached restaurant heart of downtown wine tasting valet staff the pearl
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Portland. I stay at a lot of hotels for business and this was an outstanding one. The lobby and the rooms were extremely unique and very plush. Everything was very clean. We were able to walk to many of the things we wanted to visit - Powells bookstore, the arts and crafts market and lots of restaurants. We ate in the hotel restaurant one night and the food was quite good and the service was excellent. Every night they had wine and beer in the lobby and a unique "nightcap" drink. Service was excellent - front desk was GREAT and the guys in the parking garage were very helpful in particular - R.J. and Jeremiah went out of their way several times to help us with luggage issues and directions and they even arranged for us to be delivered hot tea in our room at 4AM when we had to leave early and the service in the lobby did not start that early. I would stay here again and would highly recommend

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Marianne_moisant, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi MargaretupstateNY,
I really enjoyed reading your review. As a frequent traveler it pleases me to hear we kept up our streak! Our large rooms and central location make us a perfect fit for any occasion. We have many amenities that compliment a stay but it is our staff that really make the difference. Thank you so much for mentioning some of our amazing staff, be assure they will be recognized.Thank you again for staying with us and for your review!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Monaco for a 10 day work trip and I couldn’t be happier with my choice. The front desk was attentive (after being there for 10 days they knew me well), housekeeping was great, the hotel was beautiful, and the location was amazing. I’ll definitely be staying here on all of my future Portland work trips.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Blake P

Hi Blake P,
Thanks for joining our family with your 10 night stay! We love getting to know our guests.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel staff was a highlight. We used the valet parking and needed help with bags. From the moment we stepped out of the car we were greeted by RJ and Jeremiah who treated us as friends instead of first time visitors to the hotel. They took care of all out car, luggage and early morning departure issues and greeted us upon our return from a day's drive with welcoming, friendly conversation. Daniel at the front desk on check gave us a glass of wine as we had just missed happy hour in the lobby. The night caps provided and additional and unexpected treat each of the three nights we were there. The music and happy hour each night was greatly enjoyed. We found the other guest friendly as they gathered in the large living room in the lobby.

Room Tip: We had a double queen suite on the second floor. It was quiet, clean and generous sitting area.

Hi Rochester58,
Thank you so much, we truly appreciate it! I know our staff enjoyed meeting and assisting you just the same. We have found that our guests love our many amenities, especially our evening wine reception with NW wines, local beer, signature cocktail and light bites from our restaurant Red Star. We also have love local music every night of the week! Our reception are a great way to meet other travelers.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a lovely visit at the hotel. The evening happy hour with live music was wonderful and a nice rest after a day of walking the city.

This is very dog friendly - they were everywhere in the hotel, so if you do not like dogs it is not the place for you.

The rooms are very nice, with a chic vibe. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were quiet.

The location is well situated with great dining and shops near the hotel.

Room Tip: High floor

Hi K3322NTelizabethm,
Thank you for visiting and your review. Did you know we have a different music act every night of the week? Our guest wine reception is a great way to start your evening (beer and specialty cocktail also included).
Yes, we are very pet friendly but we also have hypoallergenic floors that are pet free. It is important to us that all of our guests enjoy their stay with us and we love it when our guests reach out to us with any special needs they might have.
We look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A favorite hotel and will stay here again. Very welcoming, comfortable and stylish. You feel at home as soon as you arrive. Our room was perfect and we enjoyed HH drinks and snacks at the bar while catching a payoff game. They recently changed the HH bar menu and didn't have one of the items I wanted. The bar manager took care of it and kitchen delivered!! Great service for dinner too. Busy place with local crowd. I'm a vegetarian and they had one of the best veggie dishes I ever had. Highly recommend hotel and restaurant.

Room Tip: hotel was quiet on our floor. Our room was at the end of the hall with lots of light.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Marianne_moisant, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi 5cats3201,
Thanks for staying with us, we're very happy you enjoyed your time in our home. We do our best to make every stay special. Our restaurant Red Star is a local gem and Chef Dolan keeps up his menus up to date with fresh and local items. I'm happy to say there is something for everyone on his menu and if you have a special dietary request to just let them know.
Thank you again for staying wit us and for the recommendation!