“Great asiatic food”

Add it.
Straits Kitchen
Ranked #1,876 of 4,850 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Description: We are a food cart specializing in Baba-Nyonya inspired dishes. Found primarily along the western coast of Malaysia, this cuisine is full of flavor. We are located in the Sellwood neighborhood of Portland, OR, in the Piknik Park food cart pod.
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Food Cart is a Portland speciality. Was brought there by a local and I enjoyed my bowl of asian food! I would recommend!

Reviewed 21 October 2016

I feel like the robot "Gort" from the film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" when somebody says "Klaatu Birada Nikto" and brings Gort to life. I feel like I have come to life when I get to feast on the best vegetable dish ever created called, "Deep Fried Brussels Sprouts" which are so incredibly good to eat I ponder making two orders of them. It is the best vegetable dish you will get in Portland and if you are a vegan or vegiton or whatever you will really feel rewarded. On the carnivore side, the Inche Kabin Rice Bowl with the 8 spice marinated Nyonya fried chicken with scallions is off the charts incredibly great. One of the best chicken dishes in Portland. I go over here to the Sellwood District to eat at this cart and it is a 25 mile drive one way for me. Worth the wear and tear on me and the automobile because you are getting superior food at a great price. I wish some Angel Investor would give them the money to move into a full service restaurant because it would be off the charts cool. I would design the interior of the restaurant in a Peranakan style with the waitresses in the traditional Kebaya and beaded slippers. It would be colorful and cool and really put this type of cuisine on the culinary map. Like I say, the food here is great and I highly recommend you try it if you are traveling to Portland or just wanting to try something new and exciting. It is very unique and like I say they even make the vegetables fun to eat.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

This might be the best food cart in Portland. All the authentic Malaysian food served up by these two young women is exceptional. The flavors of the food are exotically sublime. Top-notch, from-scratch food that is also a good value. Definitely worth a visit to Sellwood's finest food venue.

Been to Straits Kitchen? Share your experiences!