Ways to Experience Around Portland Tours
from US$39.00
from US$65.00
from US$59.00
More Info
All reviews donuts multnomah falls sarah geology culture hiking guide knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Portland! Our tour guide, Anna, did a great job of teaching us about this cool city while taking us through some beautiful tree-lined, art-filled neighborhoods with memorable (and delicious!) stops at places like Blue Star Donuts and Cafe Pajaro. We also visited some hidden gems like Poet’s Beach and the Clinton Theater. The views when riding over two bridges were amazing! The mostly flat streets and lanes designated for bicycles along with several stops/breaks made it very enjoyable to explore the east side. Be sure to keep an eye out for a “M.A.M.I.L.” sighting! ;-) This is absolutely a very worthwhile way to spend a morning in the City of Roses!

Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed this tour, we saw so many sights in only a few hours it was well worth it!!

Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

Edwin was absolutely amazing!!! He was so knowledgeable and very kind. He showed us how to pick berries, what a wild cucumber is, and gave us advice on how to identify a wild animal. Truly was a great experience and the waterfalls were incredible.

Reviewed 23 July 2021

This was an exceptional tour! The starting point is in the inner atrium of a storage place, but, very easy to find and check in. The van is very comfortable, and, our tour guide Edwin was absolutely exceptional. From the moment we left our location he gave us great recommendations on restaurants, pointed out locations with historical significance (with fantastic Simpson's references no less), started us off at a wonderful local farm / fruit stand, and, then provided a very easy and accessible multi stop tour of the gorge. Edwin would go into great detail about the relevance of each stop which was a perfect pairing to the natural beauty of the landscape. This is called a "hiking" excursion but it is very light and accessible for most. Overall this was an incredible experience which made our families time in Portland extremely memorable.

Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

We were dropped off in the wrong area and were too far away to make the trip. So I asked for a refund as the next day is our last. Refunds aren't admissible even when it wasn't our fault we couldn't make it. This left a bad taste and bad experience. $130 DOWN THE DRAIN. I would not recommend this place because they have bad customer service and not understanding of situations at all.

1  Thank 541dinar
storycycle, Manager at Around Portland Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2021

Hi there! I’m sorry your Lyft dropped you off in the wrong place. When you first sent a refund request indicating you had booked the wrong date, the tour group was still here and I could have helped you find our shop and go out with the group; but you called again demanding a refund for two other reasons and didn’t give me a chance to offer you the afternoon departure. We are always willing to work with people with Lyft and Uber issues but it’s hard to do without consistent communication or a calm enough demeanor so I can make the offer. I definitely suggest in the future calling your tour operator first before sending in a refund request to see if they can wait for you or even pick you up wherever your Lyft has dropped you off; something we’ve done a dozen times.