“My favorite for a mixed group (vegans,non vegans, adventurous eaters or the guy who just wants a burger)”

Jade Teahouse and Patisserie
Ranked #163 of 4,630 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: French, Vietnamese
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I've enjoyed all the scrumptious dishes I've ordered here. The Hum Bao! The Noodles! The beef salad! The sesame balls! *drool* I recommend trying the specials on the board. It's fun to order family style and share a few dishes.
Also, when I have my Vegan mom with me, I know she will have plenty of options to choose from which is a relief because it's hard when you're enjoying a wonderful dish and they have to make due with the 1 salad on the menu.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I wish I could lie and not recommend so that I could have the place to myself. Even the bistro burger is dreamy and I’m not one to like hamburgers. You will want to eat here everyday, including Sunday when they are closed.
Order ahead and pick up because it’s a very busy place.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

This was my first time here. It is street parking, just be warned that can be difficult during busy times. You enter the restaurant and you must order and pay at the counter before taking a seat. I went on a Monday at lunch time and it was busy, but I didn't have any trouble finding a place to sit. It has wonderful shaded outdoor seating. I ordered a drunken chicken baguette, it was amazing. The baguette was easily 12" long and cost $7.00. A very good deal.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Glad we were told about this place. As others have said, place your order, take your number, find a seat and enjoy. Very friendly and helpful staff. Place is clean and the food is fantastic. Wished we lived nearby One of the best Thai restaurants we have visited.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

This was my first time at Jade In Portland's Sellwood neighborhood. They have a great outdoor patio but our walking group enjoyed the large tables on the second floor... bright and light. We especially enjoyed the oriental dishes... veggie and shrimp wraps, etc. You order at the desk and they bring your meal to you. Go early... there was a lunch line out the door as I was leaving after my early lunch. I will return!