The hotel is a typical US Crowne Plaza - uninspiring and not worth the money, unless your employer pays. If you're collecting IHG points, and can tolerate:
- daily $20 self-parking fee (at the outside parking lot, not an underground garage),
- $15 breakfast (which is marginally better than a Holiday Inn Express free one),
- a tiny pool (rather a bathtub), of oval shape, not suitable for swimming,
- dull room view,
- 5 different switches to lights in the room (so it's a quest to find where to switch them all off to go to bed after a 9 hour flight),
- jammed bathroom heater (not switching off a 250W light bulb),
and, in this particular hotel, unexperienced personnel, then it's worth considering. Otherwise, you'll find a better place to stay.
In my case, the only IHG Platinum benefit was a top-floor room, overlooking some commercial real estate blocks. The room was clean and the food was OK, but the receptionist looked like a sophomore, and performed accordingly. At 8am the morning after a rain and a few thunderclaps, the hot water disappeared from the tap, and the explanation given to another guest - I overheard it while checking out - it was due to the thunderstorm and rain. In Portland, Oregon...
Overall, I can not recommend this place and will not stay there again myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portland hotel is close to Oregon Convention Center Located just off I-5, in the heart of downtown Portland, the recently renovated Crowne Plaza Portland - Downtown - Convention Center is a great place to base your next trip to Portland. With a convenient location near Portland International Airport (PDX) and Fareless Square, you will find that getting around the city is a breeze. Within walking distance of our hotel in Portland are major venues like the Oregon Convention Center, Rose Garden Arena and Memorial Coliseum, and our hotel shuttle service is available to take you to these facilities. Also, our hotel is near Fareless Square, where Portland's MAX light rail system will take you downtown, free of charge. Some of the city's best dining, shopping and tourist attractions are within in walking distance of our hotel. Portland's Lloyd Center Mall, just over a mile away, offers great shopping opportunities, or if you'd rather, you can find a quiet haven within the city at the Portland Classical Chinese Gardens, located just over a mile from our downtown Portland hotel. Additionally, we're not far from Portland's Pearl District, the city's most colorful and creative district. Our hotel near Portland International has 11 meeting rooms that can be tailored to fit the needs of your event. With new audio/visual options and free high-speed Internet access, come see why the Crowne Plaza Portland is the Place to Meet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, IHG, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Hotel Portland
- Holiday Inn Portland
- Portland Crowne Plaza