Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
US$184
US$162
US$100
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$170
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

Dossier Hotel(Portland)
US$180
US$223
US$139
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$107
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$134
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

US$169
US$152
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

Nordic Inn and Suites(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$98
All reviewsrose gardenwithin a mile radiuskeurig coffee makerfree shuttlerose quarteracross the riverfront desk staffroom servicebreakfast buffetnice amenitiesself parkingpool and hot tubcomfortable bedslloyd centershuttle servicehotel restaurantfew blocks
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for two nights with our 3 yr old. When we arrived the parking for self parking was $20. That was expected. The front desk service was okay but not very friendly. The room we had was decent but outside the door there was a plate sitting by the floor from room service. We had a fridge that didn't work so food did not get cold. And the room service was bad, the food was warm and the steak was not medium but well done. Stay away from their food, I had their crab Mac and cheese. It was so spoiled when I ate it I almost threw up. Let's just say the restaurant is not a real restaurant just their own kitchen to microwave food. It was inexpensive through a special deal site and I guess you get what you pay for.

Stayed: May 2017
Zygmunt L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

I was recently reading this review and I was very disappointed that we delivered such poor service. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience we may have caused you as the service is far from our core values. My staff and I stand behind our product and if we did not deliver the highest quality or service we encourage our guests to let us know at that time so we can make it right. Because it is unclear from your review what steps my staff did to take care of I would hope that any guest not satisfied would contact me directly. Thank you for staying.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The hotel is a typical US Crowne Plaza - uninspiring and not worth the money, unless your employer pays. If you're collecting IHG points, and can tolerate:
- daily $20 self-parking fee (at the outside parking lot, not an underground garage),
- $15 breakfast (which is marginally better than a Holiday Inn Express free one),
- a tiny pool (rather a bathtub), of oval shape, not suitable for swimming,
- dull room view,
- 5 different switches to lights in the room (so it's a quest to find where to switch them all off to go to bed after a 9 hour flight),
- jammed bathroom heater (not switching off a 250W light bulb),
and, in this particular hotel, unexperienced personnel, then it's worth considering. Otherwise, you'll find a better place to stay.

In my case, the only IHG Platinum benefit was a top-floor room, overlooking some commercial real estate blocks. The room was clean and the food was OK, but the receptionist looked like a sophomore, and performed accordingly. At 8am the morning after a rain and a few thunderclaps, the hot water disappeared from the tap, and the explanation given to another guest - I overheard it while checking out - it was due to the thunderstorm and rain. In Portland, Oregon...

Overall, I can not recommend this place and will not stay there again myself.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Zygmunt L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your visit fell short of your expectations. As you can see when reading our reviews we take great pride in our quality and service. Most people really enjoy our breakfast which features over fifty items all fresh and many organic all for only $15.00 an exceptional value. I would also like to let future guests know that our parking prices are comparable to area hotels and a fraction of those on the west side. We offer many unique amenities at no extra cost such as a pool, spa, fitness center, sport court to name a few. Sorry we do not offer a lap pool.
I will take and use your comments constructively.
Thanks for staying.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

This is not a tourist friendly hotel. They cater to airline crew and conventioneers.
Shuttle is a joke! Never available when you want it and ridiculous charge for return to airport trip. Cheaper for two by taxi.
Waited for 30 mins at airport for pickup when we arrived and were told it would be there in 5 mins.
Two shuttles sitting empty when we wanted a ride downtown and we were told we couldn't get a ride for 30 mins because they had to take crew to airport.
Front desk attitude really negative when we asked for late checkout - we were given one hour. Breakfast terrible.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoomNS
Zygmunt L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your visit was not perfect. We love tourists, families, conventioneers, air crews and strive to exceed everyone’s expectations not matter why they are staying with us. I would like to apologize regarding the confusion surrounding the shuttle and to make sure future guest are informed. The service is indeed first come first serve for local trips which we space between airport runs. We ask that guests check with the desk when in the lobby so we can arrange transportation as soon as possible. In order not to confuse futures guests the total cost for a round trip for two people to the airport is a nominal fee of $24.00 verse a cab which would cost over $80.00.
My chef and the entire food team enjoy presenting high quality, often organic and always fresh offerings for our guests. Most people find our prices very reasonable with a full classic egg breakfast for $11.00 or a complete buffet with over 40 items including coffee and juice for only $15.00
We appreciate you staying and taking the time to provide feedback.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

I had a great time, great vacation visiting Portlandia staying at the
Crowne Plaza......the pool was cool, clean and customer friendly....but
don't use it with or right after the kiddies....
The staff was helpful, the room spacious enough and clean....
Convenient and reasonably priced breakfast.....bus to airport and
some short term parking right in fron..
AND, if you like the Streetcars like I do,,,one can take a Paupers Tour
of Portlandia from one of a few Streetcar stops nearby....
Try it, you'll like it..

Room Tip: go high, away from the hustle and bustle
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Zygmunt L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. We are very happy that you had a great stay overall and that you found our location convenient. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Crowne Plaza was the hotel suggested by the conference I was attending and gave a special rate for attendees. The facility was pleasant and clean with helpful and friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Portland.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Paula C
Zygmunt L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thanks for staying and taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel and we look forward to hosting a future stay.