“Breakfast Buffet”

Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #52 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was served by Denis at the restaurant inside the hotel. He was very attentive and friendly. The breakfast buffet was average but his excellent service made up for the experience. What a way to start my day!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Zygmunt L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your excellent review. I'm so pleased you were thrilled with the service your received from Dennis as he is a true professional. I will enjoy thanking him personally.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not to shabby but I did expect the rooms to be a little more up to date.
A little more modern, its the Crowne Plaza geez..

Overall stay was great.
Clean rooms
bar downstairs
refrigerator and microwave in each room.
we got a Cool view of Portland
Late check in and late check out.
They have a pool but it was like freezing outside
Gym, with the essentials.
Nice people in the lobby.
Cool cursing bikes, if you wanna freeze ur buns.
Located in a good part close to a few close things.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany A
Zygmunt L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel and friendly staff. I sincerely appreciate your comments and will enjoy sharing them with my team.
Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

It was fine. Rooms were good. Check in and check out were fairly smooth. Location was a very short ride from Wonder Ballroom. Bar staff was hospitable. Rooms were clean, although bathroom was a little dated - but clean. Bathroom space was extremely tight, considering we were in a room with 2 queens. That was a little difficult to negotiate with four adults getting ready for dinner, a concert, and brunch. They could improve by adding a second sink just outside the bathroom where the countertop/mirror are located. But still, the place was good and functioned adequately for what we needed. Beds were comfortable.

Hot tub/pool area was nice, with towels and a changing room provided at the pool.

We did not try the breakfast.

Only two problems: room service showed up and barged into our room at 8:45 am. Are you **** kidding me? They wanted to know if our room was the one with the toilet problem. Nope. Perhaps they could have given me more than 10 seconds to answer the door (I was approaching the peep hole when they slammed the door open ALMOST hitting me in the face.). They returned - BEFORE we checked out - at 9:45 am, to see if our room was ready for cleaning. No. We haven't checked out. Go away. Leave us alone. The room did not have a hang tag for "Clean my Room/I am sleeping," so there was no way for us to be proactive, plus, on NYE/NYD, there's a chance that a drunk would have taken the sign down anyway. Does the front desk not provide a list of rooms to clean to the cleaning staff???

Second problem: rudeness over the phone. We called to inquire about shuttle availability after our concert, knowing that it was a long shot. They said it would "be a while." I asked how long, and they hung up on me. Again, WTF? A better response would have been, "I'm sorry, shuttles are booked out until morning," or "It will be a 90 minute wait." But to hang up on your guest? I have a big problem with that.

$170/night, shared between 4 people (2 couples) was a fair price in our opinion. $20 for parking per night was overkill.

Room Tip: Views of convention center from southwest side of building.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adam B

Thank you for staying we are pleased you had a good stay overall. I do want to apologize to this guest for the service shortfalls the circumstances they described are out of the ordinary and I will be reviewing them with my service team.
Thanks for staying,

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I was in Portland mid-September for a conference. The hotel was walking distance from several fine eating and drinking establishments. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

There was some construction going on, but it did not interfere with a very good experience. The nearby tram station allowed for easy access to downtown without the rush of downtown.

There is a little noise from the nearby street traffic, but nothing unbearable.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Amer S

Thanks for staying and taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you enjoyed our location and found the staff service excellent.
We look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

We have stayed at a number of hotels over the years in the Portland/Vancouver Metro area. This is probably the best hotel we've stayed at. From the time we arrived to check-out the service was amazing. The staff at the front desk a friendly and very helpful. Our room was quite large and very comfortable. The view towards the northwest was a bonus. The pool was actually warm and hot tub was perfect. We did not use the complimentary bikes available but that is a nice perk. The location is outstanding. Lloyd Center, the Oregon Convention Center and numerous food options are all within walking distance. You are right off I-5 so day trips area breeze. If that isn't enough the street car is less than a block away. We did not eat in the restaurant so I can't say if it was good our bad. Definitely coming back here to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Unknown_Traveler

Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We think our location is ideal for anyone who wants to have easy access to anything Portland has to offer. Thanks for staying with us.