“Can't Quit Raving about the Inn at Northrup Station--Here I Go Again!”

Inn at Northrup Station
Ranked #12 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Are you guys @the Inn at Northrup Station getting tired of my repeat rave reviews of your swanky, Jetson-esque hotel? I've lost track, but I think this is my seventh review over the last few years--and time & time again, I can't quit raving!

Due to repeat visits to Portland for medical appointments, I've become a "regular" at this hotel. Although it's not supposed to be a "pleasure trip," you guys have given me the royal treatment w/a free lovely breakfast & tasty coffee, free wi-fi, free trolley rides, spacious & immaculate suite that makes me feel like Jane Jetson, and splendid customer service from the front desk, housekeeping, and the breakfast area!

The Inn at Northrup Station is the best hotel in the Portland galaxy!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
northrupstation, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at Northrup Station, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Actually, we’ve been meaning to talk to you about your repeated positive reviews. How are any of the Trip Advisor readers supposed to decide to stay somewhere else when all you can say are amazing things!? But in all seriousness we are so very happy to hear that you had yet another (inter)stellar stay. Reviews like this make everything we do worthwhile and we can’t wait to have you back. Elllroyyyy!!!!!

Reviewed 14 October 2011

We chose this hotel based on other reviews and were delighted to find the perfect place to spend our one night in Portland. Our room was large and comfy with fun furnishings and a city view via our patio. Staff were v helpful, location great. And the jars of taffy sealed the deal fir my kids. We had a room in the back so did not experience any street noise. We will definitely stay here next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

For most of us when we were kids, staying at any hotel was a pretty exciting experience. Being away from home, flipping through the channels till past your normal bedtime, and even sleeping in the same room as your parents (despite the occasional snoring) all seemed like a treat. Now imagine if that beige box you remember was the Inn @ Northrup Station instead! Vibrant colors, funky designs, and free taffy! Yep, this is the perfect place to bring your family. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 12 October 2011

The Inn at Northrup Station is very funky - think The Jetsons (on acid). The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I was able to get good dining recommendations from them on several nights. The cleaning staff was also very friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious and clean, and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. My husband and I had a king bed and slept very well. The black out curtains certainly helped, too! The balcony was a nice touch. Lots of free amenities including: wifi, street car tickets, breakfast, and fruit, yogurt, milk and salt water taffy available at all times in the lobby. The bathroom, specifically the shower, was dated but clean. It's not downtown, but easily accessible by street car, which stops immediately in front of the hotel (and the hotel will give you free tickets to ride it). Plenty of restaurants and other businesses nearby but on the quieter side because it's in a mostly residential area. I would definitely stay again, but I would ask for a room on the third floor.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fetaphile

We like our neighborhood too and are really glad you got to be a resident, however brief your stay here may have been. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and for being our guest even with all of the other places in Portland to choose from. Cheers and we’ll see you next time!

Reviewed 11 October 2011

We booked based on the online reviews and pictures, and we weren't disappointed. The colors in the lobby, halls, rooms (even the chartruse elevator) are fun. The room L-shaped layout is convienent: the kitchenette, counter, and desk are set apart from the sleep area with a sofa and table in between. Comfortable and clean. Atmosphere is relaxed. Staff was very friendly. Neighborhood is quiet, very walkable - lots of good cafes nearby. Has the feel of a university/hospital town. Trolley stops right in front of the hotel and the tickets are free. We'll definetly return.

Room Tip: We had a small suite on the 3rd floor. Nice and quiet. The balconies are small, but we wanted to be...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

What a fun way to spend time with your special ladies! Did you get to stroll down 23rd ("Trendy-Third") Avenue and ogle over the amazing boutiques? We’re very happy to hear that we were able provide everything you needed to make your stay a good one. See you next year!

Reviewed 9 October 2011

After staying at this hotel with a friend last spring, I knew I had to return with my daughters! My "tweens" (and I) loved the bright colors, funky fixtures and cool furniture. The amenities and conveniences suited our needs perfectly.

The room was clean and comfortable. The pull-out couch was better than average, and the bed was perfect. Two flat screen TVs were positioned for viewing from each sleeping area, and a large desk provided enough room to work. The full kitchen allowed us to dine in or reheat leftovers from the great restaurants nearby. We brought breakfast back to our room each morning. The complimentary offerings were much more fresh and varied than typical hotel lobby fare.

The streetcar transported us easily to explore and shop outside of the neighborhood; I appreciated the tickets provided at the front desk. Parking my car was also free, and I left it in the parking lot the entire weekend because it was so convenient to walk or ride the trolly from the hotel.

We will definitely return to Inn at Northrup Station. We enjoyed our stay so much, my daughters and I hope to make it an annual event!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
northrupstation, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at Northrup Station, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011