1,203 results
All reviews full kitchen free parking free tickets streetcar line yogurt bright colors salt water taffy the pearl streetcar noise funky decor free street car alice in wonderland great neighborhood small balcony sitting area rooftop terrace nob hill
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This was our second stay here. We came back because we love the ambiance, rooms,and breakfast. The location can’t be beat and is walking distance to great shopping and restaurants without the traffic that goes along with it. Safe area. Best of all was General Manager, Audie Marcoff. I left my wallet in the room but didn’t realize it until I was at the Portland Airport. I didn’t have time to take an Uber back to hotel and make it to the airport on time for my flight. Calling the hotel in a panic, Mr. Marcoff located my wallet and then drove it to me at the airport! His kindness is unforgettable. It’s also the same nice feeling you get from the professionals who work at the Inn at Northrup Station. It’s the only hotel I’ll stay in while visiting Portland. Highly recommend without hesitation, even if Mr. Marcoff hadn’t helped me!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Audie M, General Manager at Inn at Northrup Station, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you for the awesome review! You are too kind! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I am happy that a forgotten item didn't derail your plans. We look forward to your return to the Inn at Northrup Station!

Safe Travels!

Audie

Reviewed 28 September 2018

My wife and I stayed here within the last week. The reviews we had read of this Inn are very accurate. The hotel is situated in a great location for catching the trolly ( best way we found to get around town without a car), as well as what the hotel offers. This includes a really good buffet style breakfast with a large number amount of choices not found at other 'Free Breakfasts' We were happy to start the day well fed!
I have no negative comments at all for this hotel.
Positive points are being located in a very good neighborhood, comfy rooms with many pluses, quiet at night, helpful staff, free trolley tickets. Plus many quality restaurants in the area. The list goes on and on.
We stayed 4 nites and were happy with our selection.

Stayed: September 2018
InnatNorthrupStation, Director of Sales at Inn at Northrup Station, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for the review of our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and we love being able to offer that to our guests as a part of their stay! We hope you did get to experience some of our local neighborhood restaurants! We have so many amazing ones within walking distance. I'll pass the kind words along to our staff and we hope you had safe travels home! We'd love the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Portland! Take care!

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Where to begin? Only sorry this was our very first stop in Oregon, because it certainly set the Bar high! We loved this hotel! The room was amazing! From the kitchen, to the unbelievably comfy bed, to the TVs, the full kitchen, my new favorite Steven Smith Teas!!! I can't say enough positive things about our stay here. The Hotel's quirky colorful design won me over. The patio upstairs, a lovely place for a glass of wine( your own). They do have special wine and Movie, and ice cream nights. The breakfasts were totally satisfactory, with a little of everything, and above average bagels. The inn is right at the Northrup Station Street car stop, and they will give you free tickets for the streetcar. It is walking distance from 21 and 23 Streets with lots of little Boutiques, and lots of restaraunts, including Blue Star Donuts, and Salt and Straw ice Cream.. We also walked to the Pearl District. The young people at the front desk were quite helpful, and answered every question. We were thrilled with our accommodations, and plan to recommend this Inn to all our friends ! Thank you for lovely four day stay!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in back, no balcony, but close to the wonderful patio, and very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
InnatNorthrupStation, Director of Sales at Inn at Northrup Station, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for the review of our Inn! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax at our hotel before traveling on to the next adventures. Isn't that tea amazing?! We love being able to support that local business and if you didn't get a chance to visit their tasting room just a few blocks away I would definitely recommend doing that on the next visit. It's a really cool spot where you can learn about the history and see into the area where they research and develop their blends. I'll pass the kind words along to our staff and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again. Take care!

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Quirky colorful retro hotel in an excellent neighborhood location and not in downtown Portland but not too far from a lot of things. Staff was very nice and accommodating. The standard room was a very nice size with a sitting area, two TVs, microwaves, fridge, Keurig coffee maker and you even get a street car pass. We were upgraded to basically the same size room but it had a balcony; first floor balcony is facing the street side of the hotel and has chairs wherein the second floors do not have chairs on their balconies. The odd numbers face the back parking lot and the even numbers face the street side. Rooms are very colorful and quirky, as is the rest of the hotel; lobby, breakfast area, hallways, 3rd floor common area patio with very colorful seating and heaters when it’s cold. I personally liked the hotel and thought it was a fun place to stay. Many restaurants to choose from on 23rd street and The Matador being our favorite happy hour place but get there before 6.
A continental Breakfast was served and they have tea and coffee machines are available 24/7. Breakfast was okay with the usual continental breakfast choices; bagels, yogurt, a waffle machine, hard boiled eggs, juices, coffee, fruit, etc. Not a fancy hotel but it has everything you need without the big price tag; free parking, continental breakfast, WiFi that works, so it worked for us.
Beds and pillows were very comfortable and better than some of the better hotels we stayed in during this trip. Thumbs up for this hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your room and our amenities, and hope you had a great time exploring the neighborhood. The Matador happy hour is awesome and a very fun bustling atmosphere on NW 23rd for sure. Have you tried JoBar? Another good place on 23rd Avenue you might enjoy on your next trip. We appreciate the feedback and I will pass along to our staff. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Portland and take care!

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Perfect large, comfy room for our girls trip!! Loved the eclectic decor and rooftop patio. Great location...walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Will stay here again next time I’m in Portland!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Audie M, General Manager at Inn at Northrup Station, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank-you so much for the wonderful review! So glad to hear that you found our neighbors so welcoming. We love our nearby shopping and restaurants. We hope to see you again soon!

Safe Travels,