“Yum!”

Gaucho's Argentine Cuisine
Ranked #2,967 of 4,402 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Argentinian
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

This was a surprise date,
I have never had food from Argentina. We had some sort of special Groupon or something.
Ordered the dos (for two) dish. A BBQ (seriously like a mini BBQ) full of amazing meat, accompanied by veggies, mashed potatoes and great bread. We also got iced tea and empanadas which come with a salad and house made dressing. Everything was Awesome!!! Mouthwateringly delicious! No pork served, lots of food, excellent staff! I think the owner helped make our meal... I can't stop telling people about this little treasure!

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

My son found out he will be going to Argentina for two years so we went here to celebrate. The perrallado was amazing. Three of us are the plate for two and had Eleven cuts of meat left! And it was excellent. I liked the sautéed veggies and mashed potatoes too. Wow.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed dinner last night (9/11/16) at Gaucho's. We started with Beef Empanadas served with a small dinner salad. The empanadas were full of flavor and the crust was very delicious all on it's own. We loved their house made blue cheese salad dressing too.

We shared the De La Padilla for two however, there was certainly enough meat for four! The entree came with chicken thighs, flank steak, hangar steak & house made sausage. The meats were all perfectly prepared, flavorful and moist. They serve a lovely bread that we both used to soak up the meat juices on the mini grill so we could savor every bit of it! My husband doesn't care much for vegies but he really loved their grilled vegies side dish. It was all so goood. We will go back and try other items on their menu.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

We were there for lunch and really enjoyed our meal. We had a cup of delicious homemade Mushroom Bisque which we shared. The Choripan (house-made sausage) sandwich was very tasty. The Milanesa sandwich was good. French fries were hand cut and also very good. Potato salad was also made in house and was very good. Sauteed veggies were amazing. We could tell that the chef took pride in his food. Service was excellent if a bit slow. Good food takes time to prepare. We are looking forward to going back again.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We visited this restaurant because of a Living Social voucher. I am glad I didn't pay full price. The service was poor even though there were never more than 6 tables and there were two servers. Empty plates were left sitting on the table, even though the servers walked by several times. Our check with payment was left sitting for 5 minutes before we finally got up and walked to the register to pay.

The menu has limited items and is there are not descriptions of the food. We had to ask about ingredients and what came with each item. I ordered a side salad and it was brought out at the same time as my meal. I ordered a grilled eggplant with was ok, but dry and needed some kind of sauce or flavor. My partner ordered the ravioli and thought they tasted a bit freezer burned. We were brought the check before we were even offered dessert. One of the dessert items listed that we wanted to order was not available. When the dessert we ordered arrived, it was frozen inside.

I was hoping for a fun experience trying a new cuisine and instead was left feeling disappointed with the overall meal and dining experience.