“Heavenly Potstickers!”

Rainbow Dragon
Ranked #1,910 of 4,630 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I love the potstickers so much we get 2 orders and make a meal of them alone, however, we enjoy the egg flower soup, shrimp lo mein, spareribs, orange chicken, and sesame chicken then finish the meal with almond cookies. The servers are first class!

7  Thank pencilmein2

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We have been going to the Rainbow Dragon for years and it is where we go when we want Chinese food.
We especially enjoy watching the "rookies" order a combination for themselves. My wife & I learned very quickly that you share these plates. The #7 that we get is $8.95 and it comes with BBQ pork, (6) shrimp, pork chow main, we exchange the foo young for fried rice.
You also learn very quickly that you are not paying for decor. It used to be Biff's Seafood decades ago which explains some of the decor. (Ship's wheel chandeliers, swordfish on the wall, etc.)
The staff are very friendly and accommodating.
As long as we stay away from the lottery machines my wife & I usually walk out of there for under $30 which includes dinner, a couple drinks each, and a good tip.
I picked up take-out a couple of nights ago. Got two #7's, fed three people, and had food left over. Cost:$18.

3  Thank Bill P
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Every once in awhile my friends or family who are visiting want Chinese food, and this is where we go.

The portions are generous, and their menu consists of standard American Chinese favorites we all grew up with. If I order two family style meals, it will feed 4-6 people with normal appetites. Great value. The dining room needs significant upgrades, so unless you play video poker it's simplest just to place a to-go order.

My 70 year-old dad loves this place, enough said.

1  Thank Amy K
Reviewed 11 April 2016

The food is GREAT! The building and interior are a bit run down, so do not let that fool you. The service is always friendly and the quantity of food for the money is FANTASTIC. Order less that you think....the portions are large.

3  Thank Julie N
Reviewed 13 February 2016

We went here after a couple of friends recommended it. The place was busy and that is always a good sign. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent. My husband had the tomato beef and loved it. I had the Pork Egg Foo Yung and it was amazing. The portions are HUGE! Dinner, Soup, and Iced Tea and Soda was about $20.... This is our new favorite Chinese / Cantonese restaurant in Portland!

1  Thank chaisem28