“My go-to hotel for Portland”

Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Pearl District
Ranked #5 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is great and I've stayed there from Feb-May this year, every other week, when I go to Portland for a client project.
Clean, spacious, and convenient.
The decor is modern and sensible. Though I had not tried cooking in the kitchen, I appreciated the plates, silverware, and microwave when I needed to reheat the leftovers.

It is close to the train station so I can walk there upon arrival when I take the train.
The free breakfast is nice but it gets old after a few nights. I'd walked to Lovejoy street (what a name!) for some nice pastries when I wanted a change.

I've stayed at several hotels in Portland in the past months, including several luxury hotels. The latter tends to put more "bling" in the decor but the rooms were cramped and old. This one felt not only new but built like a realization of current thinking: eco friendly, confident and relaxed. That's why I went back to it over and over.

Tips:
1. Price for Monday-Wednesday tend to be a lot lower than later in the week
2. Lots of free parking 7 pm to 8 am around the hotel
3. In some rooms, the ceiling light in the kitchen cannot be turn on, check your room.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mei L
Stephenie C, Manager at Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Pearl District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Residence Inn Portland Downtown Pearl District! Thank you so much for being a returning Family member of ours! I am excited to hear that our suites are refreshing compared to other hotels. We value your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in late April for one night. The hotel was in a great location for visiting various neighborhoods in downtown Portland. The hotel itself was also in great shape, room was perfect and the free breakfast was top of the line! Would definitely stay here afaib

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Residence Inn Portland Downtown Pearl District! I am glad to hear the hotel was conveniently located, and that the hotel has been well maintained, and the breakfast was top notch. We will look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to Portland!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

This hotel is beautiful, comfortable and conveniently located. It is within walking distance of most downtown shopping and restaurants. Rooms very comfortable, staff very pleasant. It is just far enough away from the city center to make street parking a possibility. (Parking in downtown Portland is a challenge, to say the least.)

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Residence Inn Portland Downtown Pearl District! I am delighted to hear that the hotel is beautiful, comfortable, and well located for your time in Portland. I am excited that staff were pleasant and you enjoyed your stay. I hope we can see you again if your travels bring you back to Portland!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Stayed 3 nights at the Residence Inn Pearl District, and it was a great place to stay. The staff did a great job of steering our room location away from construction noise, and the rooms/beds/breakfast were all great. But the issue is the Pearl District has lots a restaurants, but not alot of entertainment, and we had to walk/uber/street car to many thinks. Downtown is better location to find music and the best brewpubs on the South East and West.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from Union train tracks
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Residence Inn Portland Downtown Pearl District! I am delighted to hear that we were able to provide a quiet room away from the construction for you, and that everything within the hotel was great! I hope we can see you again during your next visit to Portland!

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

My kids and I stayed there this week and had a great experience. First of all, the continental breakfast was the best I have ever seen!! Really impressive offerings for every person. Clean rooms. And easy walk from the train station and to the street car and light rail. Plus they had books and games to check out in the lobby. Fabulous stay, fabulous hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Residence Inn Portland Downtown Pearl District! I am so excited to her you had a great experience with us, that the breakfast was the best you've ever had, and that our suites and staff were impressive. I am glad to hear everything was fabulous and I hope we can see you and your kids again soon!