“EXCELLENT Gyros!!!”

Gyro House
Ranked #1,093 of 4,630 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I went today and was talked into the spicy sauce on my lamb gyro. I'm a traditionalist and was planning to just do the normal tzatziki but the guy talked me into it. I'm glad he did! That was the best gyro ever! Huge portion too. I'll be back - I just wish they were a little closer to me. The fries were good - they are round.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We heard good things about this place so we decided to finally check it out. First of all the portions are huge one gyro will fill you up. Secondly, I highly advise against getting the chicken. It was so heavily seasoned and spicy that we could barely eat it. Now this may be traditional greek chicken but I sure as heck couldn’t eat it and I like spicy/seasoned items. Just a heads up. Another tip is that the Gyro plates do not come with pita bread, it is $1 more to get pita bread. Outside of the chicken, the lamb gyro was really good and so was the hummus plate. If we come back we will order these items and it will be a great meal.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

We both had chicken, basmati rice and Greek salad. $11 each. Large servings. Savory flavors. I also ordered waffle fries with garlic sauce and feta. Way more food than I normally eat. Order at the counter; they call your order number. I'd like to visit again.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

I have been here only once last month with a friend so I invited another friend that has not eaten here. The lamb gyro is the best they have a spicy garlic sauce that is great and worth the extra $.50 cents the pita is melt in your mouth and the seasoning they use for the lamb has all the flavor and with the taziki sauce and the garlic sauce gives your taste buds a treat . the price point is fantastic $6.50 and the hummus plat is wonderful. if you want a quick lunch and are on a budget this is the place to go to.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Good gyros but much more. Nice selection of original dishes. The lamb meat is shaved, not the usual chunks, and you can even buy it by the pound! Numerous vegetarian options. Great toum garlic sauce. We often just get a pile of the lamb to go and have it as the entree along with my own side dishes. A regular on our menu.