“To avoid breakfast lines, good spot”

Industrial Cafe and Saloon
Ranked #913 of 4,402 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Reviewed 19 March 2016

The food is tasty, and generous in portion size. Beware, they have no teaspoons, so use that table spoon to stir your coffee ;) They are pretty friendly and attentive which makes our return visits there pleasurable. They have a few outside tables too which in warm weather are great to sit at. Thankfully the hordes have not yet found this place so waiting is a very rare occurrence.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

We saw this place on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives and wanted to try this. We headed out and got there at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. Just so you know, the parking situation isn't ideal but we were able to get a spot around the block. The restaurant had a couple of tables filled and we were able to get a seat immediately. I am glad we got t here when we did because by 8:45 the place was packed. From watching Triple D, I knew they corn their own brisket so my husband was stoked to try the Corned Beef Hash. It was very very good. I opted for the Chipped Beef on Sourdough. Very creamy and good. The sourdough was slightly sweet. Now if you are looking at this cock eyed wondering why a sourdough was sweet, I can only say I have experienced it before when ordering from the Cracker Barrel. I loved the flavor whatever they did with it. The service was prompt and we would definitely go there again

Reviewed 8 March 2016

We went for brunch on a Saturday and the place gets pretty crowded so your patience will be rewarded! I had the Creamed chipped beef which was hearty and delicious!! My wife had the Ruben which she enjoyed very much. Others enjoyed the biscuits and gravy as well as corned beef hash and eggs. Meats are smoked on premises and the care and pride of a small establishment and dedicated crew are very evident. For entertainment, guys will have to check out the urinal in the men's room! An engineering masterpiece!

Reviewed 29 February 2016

The menu says the meat comes from the owner's farm in St Helens. The burger we had was wonderful. The sweet potato fries were a little well done for mine and my husband's liking. The staff was friendly. I will give the place another shot.

Be prepared to drive around a bit to get parking. Somewhat limited but worth the walk if you have to in order to get here.

I liked the industrial feel and the fact that everything from the decorations to the countertop to the chairs and table are meant to last! Well done.

There are a few seats outside once the weather gets nice. We will definitely be back and give it another shot.

1  Thank TrvlTheWorld2
Reviewed 18 February 2016

I was staying in northwest Portland doing some work for a client and decided to venture beyond the walls of my hotel for breakfast. A quick search revealed this place just a few blocks from my hotel. I had an early morning conference call so I got there before they opened so I can get in and out. Needless to say I was the first customer of the day when the doors opened at 8:00 am. I ordered the "Industrial Strength" breakfast consisting of eggs to order, pancakes and bacon. This place is famous for their non-stop coffee and it took a conscious effort to hold off the waitress when I just got the temp right. The food was excellent, hot and tasty. Service was bright and cheerful. I would make a beeline for this spot if I was in Portland again.