“Great meals!”

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We had lunch and breakfast here on a recent trip to Portland, it is very cool, great decor, got a lot of cool ideas. Staff were friendly, and efficient, food was unique and delicious. My wife loved the clam chowder, which is not your typical white and creamy style. Burger was awesome, and breakfast burrito was delicious. Small place, but really enjoyed it, we will definitely keep this on our list!

Reviewed 16 September 2016

Came for breakfast but didn't want the chipped beef...we settled on the corned beef hash (very little texture to the meat, very little meat, mainly veg filler and soft) and the industrial standard (pancakes tasted like a lot of baking soda). Service and location were very nice and we met some nice dogs outside, too! I would skip it or order something else...

Reviewed 21 May 2016

We really enjoyed trying this place after seeing it on "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" - great sandwiches!

1  Thank hopefulist
Reviewed 19 May 2016

They run out of certain items a decent bit. They try to make sure they have everything on hand, but will deny orders based on not being able to get quality food.

With that said, I don't really worship their menu. I don't really care about the TV Show, but their burgers are ok. The rest of the menu, I don't order off of. Their Hash is burnt every time, their specials are...specials. I have not been overly floored by anything here.

For me, it's a place I go to eat once in awhile because I work locally. I wouldn't describe this place as a location to go to if they flew into Portland (I have family that likes to fly and eat at TV locations). Yes, there's a signature on the wall (it's cleaner the the rest of the wall............), but just because one thing is supposedly awesome on the menu...

Good for a single meal or a "if you have to" location. If you have a vendor or manager wanting to buy you lunch, find a better place.

I will note that this place is loud when it's full. The max table size is 4 people and after that, you start stacking out the door (too late, you gotta wait).

Great service, they try hard, but there are issues.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

The food is tasty, and generous in portion size. Beware, they have no teaspoons, so use that table spoon to stir your coffee ;) They are pretty friendly and attentive which makes our return visits there pleasurable. They have a few outside tables too which in warm weather are great to sit at. Thankfully the hordes have not yet found this place so waiting is a very rare occurrence.