All reviews industrial location biscuits and gravy pool and hot tub easy access to downtown minute drive breakfast room free breakfast is microwave and fridge very pleasant stay two queen beds free parking the pearl lq pets keurig rates freeway
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Smoking needs to be limited at your back door. Portland law is 10 ft from entrance. It is difficult to enter and leave from this entrance for loading/unloading, pet exercise, etc. with smokers standing in front of the door.

Date of stay: October 2018
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Manager G, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland NW, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Thank you for bring this up, we will have our front desk staff do more property walks to make sure that are guest are respecting the Smoking Laws. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused during your stay, please feel free to contact the front desk at any time, we are here for you. We hope this inconvience does not affect a future visit to our property.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

I was traveling alone and needed a wheelchair accessible room. This hotel provided a clean, accessible room which suited my needs. The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful! I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you so much for such a great feedback. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

I stayed at the property long ago, and now I remember why I left. I got to the front desk and had to wait quite a while for the front desk clerk to help another guest. She kept going back to 'talk to her supervisor'. I don't know why the supervisor couldn't have come out to help. I wasn't the only one waiting.

When I made my reservation ON THE LAQUINTA SITE, I asked for a room on the main floor. I've stayed here before and know that the elevator is awkwardly located 3/4 of the way down the hallway, so, walking with at cane, I didn't want to have to schlep my stuff down the to the elevator, then schlep my stuff back down the hall. I was told there were no rooms available on the main floor, but I could have a room on the 3rd floor. Since I as only there one night, I decided to take it.

Unfortunately when I got to my room, it was a double queen, rather than my guaranteed king. I called the front desk and was told there were no king rooms available and since I'd booked on a 'third party site' my room couldn't be guaranteed. I found my reservation on my phone and went back to the front desk to show her I had indeed reserved on the LaQuinta site. She still couldn't change my room...and again...since I was only there for one night I accepted my room.

Very poor management in my opinion. No accountability and a take it or leave it attitude.

Room tip: Try to get a room that looks out on the parking lot. The other backs up to a very busy trucking company and is quite loud.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Manager G, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland NW, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you for your great feedback, we are sorry you encountered this problem upon check in, I have no idea, why wouldn't management come out to assist you if they were present upon this issue. Rest to assure we will use your review as a training review, in regards to assisting are customers promptly and efficiently at check in. We are very sorry for the check in experience you had. We hope this inconvience does not affect a future visit with us.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We arrived at the hotel at around 6PM to check in and the room they gave us had clearly not been cleaned at all. The lady at the front desk told us that our only options were to either have her clean the room (she had no idea how long it would take), or get a refund, the didn't have any other rooms available and they wouldn't assist in helping us get another room in the city. She later told me that the room wasn't even on the list of rooms to clean. We choose to get a refund, but our trip was cut short by two nights because of the issue. I was able to get my refund from hotwire, but since our trip was cut short and we were forced to drive the remainder of our road trip that same night I reached out to the manager the next time she was in. Abby is the manager and she agreed to send a night free at any other LaQuinta to make up for the mishap. It has now been two months and I haven't received anything from them. I feel that this hotel is poorly managed and did not do the bare minimum to accommodate us. Having already driven 10 hours that day, they could have done much more to make sure we were taken care of. Furthermore, if you are going to promise something, then follow through. I will not be staying at this particular hotel again, and if I even get the free night, I will use it, but that will be the last time.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager G, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland NW, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

We are very sorry to hear about your recent stay at our property, we have addressed this issue with our corporate office, since there was a miscommunication after initial contact. We hope you have received your free night voucher. If you have not please follow up with management at the property to make sure we have all your information correct. We hope this situation does not stop you from returning to our facility. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This is a lovely newly renovated hotel, actually thought it was all new at first. Staff is very knowledgable with driving directions giving me a shortcut to downtown area and avoiding the freeway. Room was spacious and breakfast was very good.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Manager G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland NW, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review, we hope to see you back soon.