“Interesting hot springs.”
Review of Umpqua Hot Springs

Ranked #10 of 41 things to do in Roseburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated 150 feet over the North Umpqua River and close to Crater Lake National Park.
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This area is quit a ways out into the national forest. and after parking a walk up a trail. The area in somewhat maintained and there camping areas where you park. The springs are on top of a rock bluff and you will find every type of person there at different time. Sometimes nice families. Hippies. Drug addicts. Perverts.... If you go there be careful. With a group you like you should be OK.

3  Thank aquacop123

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Absolutely beautiful, awe inspiring, truly God's country. My only drawback would be is that we took our 4 year old grandson to the Springs. On the way up the short trail we encountered some young people coming down the trail They were completely naked. I did not see any sign that said clothes optional. Of course there was no security guard there so we had no recourse but to just laugh and act like it was nothing. But, the Hot Springs were very nice and clean. Yes, I would go there again.

7  Thank kobesgamma
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

If you google Umqua Hot Springs, it will take you directly to the entrance. Don't depend on signs since some turns were missing them. The mile drive to the parking had too many potholes for our sedan to handle, but we made it. The restroom in the parking lot is an out house so don't depend on changing in there. The hike to the springs is steep but short. Once you get there, you forget how long you drove, or how many pot holes damaged your car because these small pools are one of a kind. I have been wanting to go to any hot springs and these were a wonderful start. I'm not sure how much better they can get. Some of the pools are hot, some are warm, while others are too cool for the weather we went in. It was 45 degrees and I couldn't tell since I was so amazed by the scenery. My husband and I sat in our pool for about an hour and we couldn't believe how beautiful this experience was. Definitely worth the drive.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 September 2016

If you find yourself in this area, the hot springs are wonderful. They are not right off the main road and the signs are difficult to follow, but the dirt roads are in good shape and it is worth it. Be aware that they are closed from sunset to sunrise and I was told they enforce it. There is a short but steep hike to get to the hot springs. It probably took five-seven minutes to walk in. Once you get there, there are several pools to choose from with different temperatures.

3  Thank ExploringCuriously
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

The umpqua hot springs are an awesome experience. There are 5+ pools to soak with all different temperatures. The "hike" up is more like a .25 uphill walk. Easy!! Lots of weed and nudity but that's what makes it an experience. $5 dollars to park and the directions are a little tricky. Look for mile post 59 from rose burg and turn left at it. Go down the hill and cross the bridge. Continue straight where you'll go past a lake and then eventually find a stop sign that say 3401 and turn down there to drive a couple miles and you'll see the parking area. Poorly marked as we got lost but was worth it!!!

5  Thank Hailey T