See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We booked this hotel months in advance and received a confirmation email from Americas Best Value (ABV) Inn a couple days before our trip to watch the Solar Eclipse. We were very disappointed to find out they are no longer Americas Best Value Inn and the new ownership wouldn't take our reservation. They told us that ABV should've taken them off their list. We tried calling ABV corporate, but they were not answering the phone. We had no choice, but take their offer of paying double and in cash only for the last room. The room wasn't even cleaned and smelled like smoke in a non smoking room. We came back the carpet was dirty, bathroom with plenty of cracks and found some creepy crawly the next morning.
To add to more misery, I sent an email to ABV corporate and my response was
"Unfortunately, this property is no longer part of our brand, so we are not able to help you."

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Never stay here. The room itself was not as bad as we thought- rundown and old, but about what you expect for the price. The manager was a rude jerk and the owner he spoke to on the phone was not much better. We had to wait an hour for a room to be cleaned only to be told that even though we made a reservation online with the America's Best number and had printed reservations they did not have it in the computer and would not honor ours. Both the manager and owner said they were independently owned and could do what they wanted. The rep at the Americas Best number said the reservation was in their computer and the property should honor it. The property was not even aware that their name and chain is now owned by Red Lion. The younger guy who took over when the manager left was nice and helpful but could not do much due to what the manager and owner told him to do. He did get us a room for the night (since we had to be somewhere and it was too late to change). We left the next day and stayed at a nice Super 8 down the road.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank tracy792
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My son & helper checked in7-21-17 from a day of work, first they didn't have reservation, then the first room dirty, second almost as bad. Told them next time if they have an issue check out and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

You don't need to travel to Mexico to experience the filth, sleevze and screw you you attitude. This Mexican brought it to you. If you wouldn't spend the night in a Tiajuana motel, don't stay here.

Disgusting and no refund once you see it in person.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Raymond W
Reviewed 20 June 2017

This place is disgusting!!! You can tell just by walking into the lobby that it is not cared for. We went to our room and there was a couple doing what appeared to be a drug deal in the hallway. When we entered the room, the lock was almost falling off the door, there was a huge burn hole in the carpet, the couch (fake leather) was dusty, it appeared that there had been two people laying on the "made" bed and the sink in the bathroom had god only know what on it. To top it off the guy at the front desk when I came down to tell him about it called his manager who told him to tell me to return in two hours, ask for David and David would refund me. When I met David he told me that I would need to go through booking.com to recieve the refund. He then proceeded to refuse the refund when booking.com requested it. I called him directly and he called me a liar. Upon asking to speak with his boss he said that wasn't possible however he would take my number but NOT guarantee that the owner "Peter" would ever call me back. DO NOT WASTE you money in this dump of a motel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple