“What a cute place”

China Gourmet
Ranked #117 of 549 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This is a tiny little gem. They use no MSG and offer a different variety of oriental food not your typical Chow Mein restaurant. The atmosphere is cozy and the service was excellent. If you want a tasty oriental lunch or dinner in a quaint setting this is your next must go. I have to say that discovering this place was a real treat.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I was disappointed. My spring rolls were mostly shell and not fully cooked in the middle. The kung pao chicken was with dark meat, didn't seem like any version of kung pao chicken I've ever had. Doubt I'd go back

bingo c, Manager at China Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

our spring rolls is all vegetable, there is no way to do it fully cooked, well done?
kung pao chicken with dark meat? we have been here five years, we do not have chicken dark meat in stock, we never use chicken dark meat! Mr. or Ms. benfran02; do you know how identify breast white meat from dark meat? I have no idea where you had any version? of kung pao chicken before, this is a very irresponsible conduct, base on your incorrect opinion. my restaurant has a policy from first opening day; if you don't like any of our meal item, simply just tell your server, we will not collect any money from customer
please correct your review! or do call us get this straight, I should refund your money and apologize for not even has a chance to take your instruction, to prepare in your version of cooking. p.s. please don't hide in the dark, ruin our restaurant reputation, what's good for you?

Reviewed 16 August 2017

An awesome (and very small) Chinese restaurant. Take out service is great as well as dining in. Hot means hot here, so been warned when order hot spice. I've been coming to this restaurant for years and have never had a bad meal.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I had high expectations of this place after several people recommended it. The service was incredibly slow, the food unimaginative, and the preparation below average.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Very disappointed. It seems that every chicken dish is frozen chicken nuggets with far too much batter. The sauces are uninspired. Quite overpriced