Davinci's
Reserve with OpenTable
Davinci's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 545 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$17 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ferry
Reviewed 11 April 2016

Salem, for a city of its size, does not have many places for a relaxing, romantic dinner in a stylish setting, but Davinci's, an establishment of many years running, is certainly one of them. The menu has many excellent choices (on my most recent visit I had an appetizer of dates stuffed with goat cheese followed by a main course of halibut with fresh asparagus, and both were excellent), and there is a very nice wine list. The bar serves up many interesting concoctions -- and, for the less adventurous like myself, a most satisfying traditional gin martini. Service is attentive without being oppressive, and music wafting up the the second level dining area from the piano bar below is a pleasant addition to the dinner atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

MaMa Mia ... unfortunately not at this one. Servings are abundant but if you are Italian you are going to feel far from MaMa's kitchen. Table of nine and no one felt that their entrée was better than average at best. The Caesar salad was boring and the bread oversized and doughy even the paper napkins were small. Sorry even with very reasonable pricing not a "want to go back experience".

Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Went here on my birthday. The service and the food was very good. And I really enjoyed the piano that was being played in the background.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

My wife and I attended a group dinner for about 40 people. This is a very nicely decorated Italian restaurant. The menu looks pretty good, but we had to choose from a limited menu of three main courses. That was OK, but the steak dish was very tough, and not up to par. I had the feeling that our group overwhelmed the staff in terms of volume. I would go back and give Davinci's another try, but I've put them on probation.

Reviewed 26 February 2016

I have dined here many times. I would say that if you are looking for American-Italian, this is a great and romantic spot. The brick pizza oven offers some great original flat breads and the menu is well representing of classic pastas and meats. Wine list is one of the best I have seen and the bar offers great drinks. Don't think classic, think classy.