“Great tri-tip steak.”

Original Roadhouse Grill
Ranked #111 of 612 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Description: Original Roadhouse Grill features an authentic roadhouse menu and a down-home, fun lovin' atmosphere. You'll find peanuts served in buckets and peanut shells on the floor. Country music, classic rock and blues can be heard coming out of our jukebox. Bring in the whole family and crew in for a fun and delicious experience at an All American Steakhouse. Our signature rolls and mouth watering food cooked on our open-window grill will keep you coming back for more.
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I ordered the tri-tip steak and I was not dissapointed as it was one of the best tri-tip steaks I have ever had. It came with a tasty BBQ sauce and the steak size was large enough to split between two normal eaters. The most impressive fact was how tender the steak was, equivalent to an excellent filet mignon. I don't know if I lucked out, but I was very pleased and I will return again.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Food was decent - nothing bad but also not the best we've had. This restaurant is exactly like Texas Roadhouse (in other parts of the country) but just not as good. Our server was really bad - didn't really know anything about the menu, didn't know soup of the day, etc. We were afraid to ask her questions after a while. Best part of the restaurant is cracking your own peanuts and throwing shells on the floor.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Haven't been there for about 10 years. Food good but slightly smallish portions for the price. Food was good though. Service on the other hand was outstanding. She was very attentive didn't miss a thing. It was my birthday I got free ice cream. All in all a nice dinner.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Nice steak dinner with ribs. We were enjoying a opportunity to go out after a long absence. My wife is caring for and elderly family member in need of 24 hour care and we have been seperated by distance due to this event. she had other family care for the individual so we could have a date. Roadhouse seemed like a good opportunity to eat out, food was good value was good.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

This is a great place to come for a casual dinner. It has been busy each time we have stopped by. This tells us we are not the only ones who enjoy coming here for a meal.

There is a good menu, with a variety to choose from. Our wait staff has been very good on each visit, and our meals are always a very good-sized portion. We do agree with an earlier review, those rolls are delicious!

There are probably times when a reservation has been necessary, but when we drive in from out of town, we try to make it an early dinner. No problem walking in, and sitting down.

Like having such a good-sized parking lot for this restaurant. Enjoy the fun atmosphere here while having your meal.

1  Thank OregonExplorers4

Been to Original Roadhouse Grill? Share your experiences!