“Best restaurant in Salem!!”
Review of Rafns

Rafns
Ranked #7 of 602 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$16 - US$34
Cuisines: Deli
Description: At Rafns', we work directly with Oregon growers to provide the highest quality food products available. Our goal is to support farming practices that respect our land and strengthen our community. What We Do: We use certified organic olive oil and butter. We use cage-free and free-range eggs. We use meats that are local, drug-free, and humanely-raised. For real. We make our own gelatin-rich bone broth. We use organic, non-irradiated herbs, spices, and chocolate from local suppliers. We use organic produce from local farmers and purveyors, with very few exceptions. We take pride in the cleanliness of our kitchen. What We Don't Do: We don't use MSG. We don't use trans fats or refined oils. We don't use teflon or synthetic cookware. We don't use genetically modified ingredients. We don't own a microwave. These are the standards and values that guide us. If you share these values, we hope you will support us! -Nate & Rochelle Rafn
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Food was excellent, there was 4 in our party and we all enjoyed what we had. Service was great, as was the atmosphere. Highly recommend it. We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I was able to park close by, three hour parking limit is pretty convenient and there is additional parking free and other parking spots that would be free after 6 pm; all of them are not as far. Michael was the server. I had some break and butter (both locally made by the way-did not mind the $3 charge with a free refill. It went well with the tomato puree soup and the meatballs with pasta and pasta and cheese. All made locally by the way.
The wine by the glass is limited BUT if you get a bottle or even a glass they have a list on the back page with tasting notes. The wine by the glass was ginormous I had a wine from the Columbia Valley which was their special.
Everything was so good and filling, I did not have room for dessert While reservations are not required, I highly recommend it.

If I am ever in Salem, I would definitely come back here again. Only open during dinner time.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We have wanted to try Rafns for quite awhile and decided this would be a great place to celebrate our anniversary-it was!! The surroundings are simple but elegant, the service was attentive but not intrusive and the food was delicious! I had the cranberry and pecan salad and mushroom soup (not too filling but very satisfying) and my husband had the Seafood “Caldeirada”-a Portuguese seafood stew (he loved it!). The homemade bread was also delicious! We enjoyed our food and our dining experience and will definitely go there again!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The food was sooooo good! The hazelnut salad was fabulous and the soup outstanding. It made me think I was in Europe.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Delicious food, great service, best & fresh quality produce!

I have been there twice now and the food is always delicious! They take pride in using fresh and good quality ingredients. This is certainly reflected in the taste of the dish.

The mushroom risotto- delicious!
The French ragout with roast veggies - delicious!
The soup of the day (celery root - aka celeriac and potatoes) - yum yum yum..!
The chocolate and molasses pie is an absolute must have!

All I can say is, I'd go again, anytime, any day..

Been to Rafns? Share your experiences!