“Just dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New restaurant in Sherwood, Oregon
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Went to "Tree's" restaurant this evening with my daughter & her family. Had a pretty good dinner, the dinner salad was great & good size for only $3. My husband & son-in-law had a bowl of chicken tortilla soup that was interesting & not like any other tortilla soup we've tasted. They were very accommodating to make sure the kids meal was dairy free for my grandson, it must have been good, he finished everything. My daughter & her husband had the fish & chips cooked a different way, both delicious. My husband & I had steak, I had surf & turf & he had a New York strip, both melt in your mouth. There have been mixed reviews but they like it, so we tried it again. It was good, I would go back.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Food was delicious! Service was Ok. Yes, we had 3 o'clock lunch reservations (which weren't needed -there was only two other tables there) and it was a 90F day.

We sat outside for the trees and view. Inside was much cooler and decor was modern and clean.

The servers were not attentive. Bare minimum. Thankful we are self entertaining and very easy customers. Sensing this, we selected our drink and appetizer orders so that when the rare bird of our server came by we would be prepared. That would buy us time to select our entrees.

That said, food good, service just above bad. The setting sells it. Gorgeous setting eating in the trees like a tree house.

Calamari and clams were our appetizers, fun seasonal cocktails - blackberry, mint, prosecco & And mint Juleps. Very good.

Entres included: Cod fish and chips with Panko breading, fries, hush puppies & slaw, seafood Gumbo and shrimp and spinach salads. All were delicious! My husband loved his gumbo! We loved our salads. The shrimp was perfectly cooked. My niece enjoyed her fish and chips although her fries were just a bit soggy.

We will come back because the natural setting amongst the trees and good food and wonderful cocktails. Hoping the service is better, but, now we know what to expect. Being patient and letting it all flow and being with fun good people will decrease any stress around lack of service excellence. Go online to check out menu so drink and appetizer orders can go quickly.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Very nice restaurant - cool, tree'd outdoor seating as well as contemporary indoor seating with a great view. Good service & very good food. Small house salad with grilled salmon was excellent, as was my Sicilian burger with onion rings. We will be back to try out their happy hour . . .

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Best outside seating. Right in the middle of the trees.

Very good food, and especially liked salad for late nite stop in. House wine red was very good. $8 a bit much , but was good.

Also had cheese , like brie, with roasted garlic and tomato chutney and crustini . Very tasty for small meal

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

My cousins took me here for my birthday dinner. The ambience is set like a modern tree house. Diverse menu with a nod to creole and French influences.

The place was packed and loud on this Saturday night. The food was good and proportions freakishly large. Everyone needed To go containers, and we aren't diminutive in stature. The food here is very flavorful and came out hot. This isn't tweezer food and bot sophisticated. It feels more like home cooking.

We had reservations but the restaurant had over booked and we would have o wait an additional 20 Minutes if we didn't take the table in the lounge.

The lounge was confortable. We did have to speak very loud to be heard and that was a bit fatiguing. After all the 10 and 12 top tables emptied from the dining room, it was college graduation dinner night, we could finally speak normally.

Our appetizer of mozzarella came out as crab cakes, we had to convince the waiter that indeed these were not crab cakes, my niece cannot eat seafood.

Apparently the mozzarella and crab cakes look the same and there was a new guy on the fryer that night. They compted us the appetizer which was appreciated.

We are easy going and we will return in the summer to enjoy sitting in the very lovely outdoor seating.

My cousin assured me that this night of guffaws was aberrant. The food was good enough and setting in the trees compelling enough for me to try it again on another evening.