“O'Brien's”
Review of O'Briens - CLOSED

O'Briens
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We always stop there for lunch on our way to the Oregon Gardens. Had basic but, always, good food. we found the staff very nice and friendly.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

I first enjoyed O'Briens with my daughter, seven years ago, when we would travel to Silverton to have her wedding dress altered. The place was full of decor and cute ideas as well as tasty food. Yesterday's visit showed a marked change in the aesthetic. Tables were unbussed (some for the entire time we were there), service was incredibly slow, I was informed at the last minute that my order could not be made as they had run out of turkey (for their famous Turkey sandwich). I saw one waitress, one cook, and two or three other people working behind the scenes. I was ready to clear the tables myself! The lights were out in our section, due to electrical issues. At one point I saw the lights go out in the kitchen for a moment. I think this place is due for a major overhaul and I hope it gets one. It is a fabulous location. When my revised sandwich arrived it was tasty (BLT), but disappointing for the price. The waitress was working her tail off, I'll give her that. She apologized for the new cook trying his best to keep it all going. Other's orders seemed to be arriving on time, and without issues.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Bad news; don't know what happened. We have eaten here many times over the years as we live about 30 minutes away and come through Silverton several times a year as well as making it a destination in itself. Eating at O'Briens has always been a pleasurable experience whether seated outside on the deck overlooking the river or inside the homey dining room. Something has happened that apparently has caused the service, the food, the ambience and the cleanliness to deteriorate. I don't plan to ever go there again especially in light of there being other places to eat that are nicer, cleaner and less expensive. Signed, a regretful diner.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Not the most updated place to eat. Breakfast was good despite taking a really long time due to their electrical problems. Servers really did not come by often enough to refill soda and coffees. Eggs Benedict was really good. Biscuits delicious. Omelet was good also.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Stopped for a shake and snack. Good chocolate milk shake. The tuna melt took along time. The fries were good. Service was good.