US$64
US$115
US$129
US$100
Hotels.com
All reviewsduplex cabinlarge flat screen tvcoffee makernetflixbeddingweddingbathroom
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I have stayed at the state park cabins and this wasn't much better. The only real difference was a bathroom in the cabin. But the cabin isn't really a cabin as it is attached to another one. Thankfully there was no one in the other unit when I was there, as I can imagine you would be able to hear every little noise.

When I opened the door I was expecting cute, rustic, charming. Instead I was shocked at the small size of it. I have stayed in cheap motels with rooms larger than this!! And for a lot less $$$!

I asked for a room that was pet friendly but when I got to the unit, there was a sign on the door that said no pets allowed. For a $25 pet fee, they made an exception and allowed me to have my dog in the room. HUH??

No matter how I adjusted the heater, the room was either chilly & damp or stuffy and too warm. The TV works off the internet, which stopped working at about 8:00. And there is no front desk to call and get it fixed.

If you like to stay in a place that is about two steps above a tent, and pay out the nose for it, then this is the place for you. Otherwise, stay in Salem and drive into the park in the morning. That's what I wish I had done!!

Room Tip: Get a room somewhere else is my advice!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Adrienne B, General Manager at Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide me feedback in our phone conversation today. Yes, some of our lodging options are pretty quaint. Both the Upper Smith Creek Cabins (historic) and Lower Smith Creek Cabins are single room units plus either a full or half bath, depending on the specific cabin. We do also offer guest lodges and a cottage suite that are not historic and accordingly, more spacious.

We are pleased to offer a selection of pet-friendly lodging options with a $25 per night, per pet fee. Our reservationist did not understand that you were planning to bring a pet and accordingly did not place you in pet-friendly lodging or apply the pet fee upon booking. My sincerest apologies for the mix up but I am glad to see we were able to accommodate your pet.

We do offer wi-fi throughout the main area of the Conference Center. This does not extend to the Upper Smith Creek Cabins and has been known to be temperamental in some of the out-lying cabins when the weather is poor, which may effect streaming tv capabilities. We are working with the park on a plan to upgrade the wi-fi systems in 2018. In the meantime we are pleased to offer a selection of DVDs, board games, and books for your enjoyment should the weather not cooperate for your outdoor plans.

Staff lives onsite and is available 24 hours a day. Contact information is provided in your check-in paperwork and is posted at the reservations booth along with a phone access.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

We got a small room with 2 twin beds in a cabin that had 6 rooms and 2 shared bathrooms - one for men and one for women. The common living room was spacious with a large flat screen TV. Luckily we were the only ones staying in the cabin. The room was rather small but manageable. Wished there was a kitchen considering there are no restaurants within the Lodge or in the vicinity. We drove 25 miles to Salem for lunch and picked up dinner on the way back to eat in the cabin. The price was reasonable. Bookings can't be done on the web. You will out a form on the website and they confirm the reservation via email or a phone call.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Adrienne B, Manager at Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to announce that we are opening a new lodging option next month called Calypso Cottage. This one bedroom suite will sleep up to 4 people and comes equipped with a full kitchen. Calypso Cottage will be a great option for those staying with us when dining hall meal service is not available. Additionally, we are in the process of launching an online booking system so all individual reservations can be made online via our website. We anticipate this to launch by early summer.

Again, thank you for sharing feedback. We hope to see you again at the falls! -Adrienne

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I stayed here with my 11-year old son and was SO pleasantly surprised by the cuteness, cleanliness & coziness of our cabin! We had #28 and absolutely can't wait to go back! It is small but perfectly adequate; the high ceilings make it feel airy & open & the bathroom was updated, very clean & nice. The service at the office was so helpful & friendly; they answered all of our questions and offered advice & alternatives that were perfect. We hiked all day & it was wonderful to have the cabin to come back to, hot shower, and bed with Netflix tv. I didn't get any cell service in the cabin which kind of freaked me out at first, but then I found it such a lovely escape to truly un-plug, snuggle up with my boy & watch movies with no distractions. It was a rare and wonderful treat for us. We were only there for one night but came home feeling completely refreshed and lucky that we discovered the State Park & cabins. Definitely our new favorite spot & I have been recommending it to people ever since our stay!

Stayed: April 2017
Adrienne B, Manager at Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am so happy to hear that you and your son discovered us. We hope to see you again! All the best, Adrienne

Reviewed 17 November 2016

For one night during off-season, we paid almost $150 (including pet fee and continental breakfast) for a tiny room (about 10x10 feet) that barely fit the two twin beds with a nightstand/desk in between and had an attached bathroom w/ shower. It was a major let down with very uncomfortable lumpy mattressed beds, a loud heater that went on and off through the night shooting air in our faces. The linens on the bed were super faded, felt dingy and circa 1965. The satellite roku tv would not connect to the wifi (even after a staff tried for like 10 minutes saying it was having a hard time getting a signal and just left) so we had no entertainment to take our mind off of the confines in which we were stuck. The table between the beds was not even usable to set up for a card game to play in between the beds so we just sat together and read the one book we brought. The bathroom had a 3x3 foot shower stall with a soap dispenser on the wall--classy! Total waste of our money to pay for room with a shower we would never want to use. Having been told the continental breakfast would be served between 7:30 to 8:30 in the morning, we showed up at 7:35 because we had been up pretty much all night not able to sleep in those conditions. What did we find at the dining hall? The doors closed and lights off. We went around to the back employee/delivery entrance and luckily found the sous chef coming out for a break. I asked about breakfast and was told he did not have any guests for breakfast today and I informed him that we were two breakfast guests who had paid for it to be included with our room rate. He fiddled with his phone looking for an order or something and then said looks like I have two for breakfast and then asked for some time to put it together. We went back to our room and sat on our beds twiddling our thumbs until he knocked on our door about 15 minutes later and said it was ready, then apologizing, saying he was off for a few days---we had made the reservations a month prior. UGH! Blech! I submitted a comment card to the front desk upon departure and have yet to hear any apologies let alone received reimbursement of some sort which is what I really deserve.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda E
Adrienne B, General Manager at Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your current stay and to speak with me by phone today. We love being able to share this incredible space with guests of the park and I am saddened to hear that your stay was anything less than spectacular. Yes, most of our cabins are pretty cozy in size - with the idea that guests have over 9,000 acres of woods to explore. I certainly recognize that this may not be feasible on a rainy November evening. :-) We recently added the wi-fi access and smart tvs to the Lower Smith Creek cabins to assist with entertainment when enjoying the outdoors isn't an option. We do our best to offer accurate descriptions and photos of our different lodging styles when you visit our website or make a reservation via phone and I'm sorry if you were expecting something more. We are working hard on changes to make this area of the park more user-friendly during the quiet late fall/winter months when guests spend more time indoors. Some of these changes include keeping the dining hall open for guests to gather by the fire so there is space to spread out and enjoy a card game or good book, installing a microwave with 24/7 access for guests when meal service is not available, systematically replacing and upgrading mattresses and bedding, offering boxed meals and continental services, and as mentioned, the newly expanded wi-fi and installation of smart tvs to more areas of the Conference Center. As you experienced, these recent enhancements still have a few kinks to be worked out but we are well on our way. I hope that you will give us another try next time you come through the area and am confident that you will have the fantastic Silver Falls experience we have become known for.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

We decided to stay at Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center for a night on our way from Crater Lake to Portland via the back roads. It is best to call when making reservations, instead of relying on the internet, and the staff can make recommendations for you and explain the different types of lodging and dining. We stayed in the Racoon cabins, which is a duplex. It had a bathroom with a shower, a smart tv (netflix etc), coffeemaker, and was a little rustic. We had a very nice buffet dinner and the chef made a gluten free special for my wife...which was greatly appreciated by us. If they don't have a buffet dinner scheduled for the period of your stay, you will have to drive to one of the nearby towns. They also did not serve breakfast when we were there although they do offer a box breakfast snack. The only other place to eat in the park is the lodge near the south falls, but it opened at 11 am and closed early when we were there. The staff were great and we had a great time hiking in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank KYfryed
Adrienne B, Manager at Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for visiting Silver Falls Lodge & Conference Center and sharing a bit about your experience. I hope you will come see us again! -Adrienne