“Wonderful iconic diner”

Starlite Cafe
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Vale
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Description: Western Cafe setting on the Historic Oregon Trail. Family friendly dining serving your favorites from hamburgers and fries to prime rib on Wednesday and Saturday nights. Daily homestyle meal specials in a comfortable family atmosphere. Remember to save a little room for our famous pies made from mother's recipes in our own kitchen. Try our Fresh strawberry or gooseberry or fresh pumpkin pies in season. We pride ourselves in our selection of oatmeal, peanut butter/chocolate, Oreo cookie, custard and many, many others.Come on in for a visit and remember to check your six shooters at the door!
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We had the 1/3 pound bacon cheeseburger and asked to have a fried egg added to the fully dressed thang. ''Twas exquisite

1  Thank Becky B

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Sat at the counter and immediately felt at home. Breakfast special was super-sized and wonderfully tasty. Homemade pies looked wonderful - wish we hadn't been too full to try them. Highly recommend to anyone in Vale in the morning!

1  Thank CowDoc75
Reviewed 30 October 2016

The Starlight Cafe is 16 miles from the Idaho border. I stopped here to eat because it has been 3 years since I had eaten here. The place was as I had remembered it. Cozy and friendly people. I ordered a piece of cherry pie and it was good. I then noticed that they also had orange cream pie. I have never heard of orange cream pie. Well next time. Their pies are homemade of course. For the main course I had the " Starlighter Omelet". My God it was soooo good. It had bacon, sausage,ham, beef,onions ,mushrooms,bell peppers and cheese as I remember. I could hardly finish it. The omelet came with hash browns. The best I've had in a long time. Golden brown on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. Upon leaving I just had to thank the cook. Excellent meal by any standards. Try this place!

1  Thank tom t
Reviewed 29 September 2016

We stop here for lunch every time we are in this neck of the woods. Somehow, we always seem to have the same thing - the tuna melt with Tater Tots. Their pies are outstanding - we take a piece of cherry to have later.

1  Thank Peggy M
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We have passed through Vale, however we have never eaten there prior to today. We came at lunch time, ordered a hamburger with fries, we had BLTs along with homemade beef noodle soup. Surprise surprise, the french fries were crisp, fresh and good. The hamburger tasted wonderful , and The BLT and homemade soup and The BLT and homemade soup were just as advertised.
The surprise were the homemade pies, 13 to choose from, crusts that were superb, which we got to go and ate along the way! Yum!!!!! We will certainly stop here again on future trips. By the way, the staff were wonderful, friendly, and so helpful!

1  Thank Jeri D

Been to Starlite Cafe? Share your experiences!