See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This was our third time staying at the idyllic Coastal Mountain Sport Haus, and we'll keep coming back! There are beautiful vistas out of every window: cows in the pasture, a rustic barn, the Nehalem River, timbered hills and apple, pear and elderberry trees. It was my birthday celebration, and Sandy & Glen Crinklaw made sure it was special. The appetizers and dinner with wine were delicious, and I had the best chocolate cake ever! The breakfast was wonderful too with so much to choose from. Everything is made from scratch, and you never leave hungry. The comfortable bed and quiet countryside ensures a restful sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MynBill
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The hosts were great for me traveling on business. They even had my latte of choice ready in the morning. The cows were a wonderful distraction for the business purpose of my trip. It is not really meant as business lodging, but it does the job. The hosts were wonderful and if you need some solitude, this is the place!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennie C
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I looked long and hard for a place to spend a few days resting and restoring a sense of calm and peace to our lives. We found it at Coastal Mountain Sport Haus. Since all three meals are included and are served right on-site you can really just rest and spend quality time with yourself or your significant other. The design of the building both inside and out has been well-thought out and well-built so that you truly feel surrounded by the outdoors without surrendering any of the creature comforts of a luxurious and comfortable home. The interior has enough decorative elements to make it pleasing to the eye (including some whimsical touches that I loved) while still giving you enough space to rest your eyes from an overstimulated world. The word peaceful continually enters my mind when I think of the Coastal Mountain Sport Haus. I loved the deep and warm soaking hot tub, the gracious but unobtrusive hosts, the comfortable bed and seating throughout the house and the ability to retreat as much as I needed or wanted from social interaction while still having that available as an option. You can take yoga classes during your stay but that is not a requirement and neither is being either a biker or an outdoorsy person. Sandy and her husband Glen are wonderfully non-judgmental and welcoming. I can't think of a better location for anyone needing a secluded getaway and some r&r.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent and have views of the outdoors :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helenabox
Reviewed 14 November 2011

A November weekend away in a beautiful farmland setting with breakfast, lunch, dinner (with wine!) included, personal yoga class every day, all sounds too good to be true but Sandy and Glen have created a very unique place to stay that just feels so welcoming and worth the trip. We stayed two nights and were offered well prepared home cooked meals, Great conversation, simple but very clean, comfortable and spacious king bedroom and yoga class each day. We loved it! Great value and if you are a cyclist, this is the place to come, stay and go ride.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank buick69
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed at the Coastal Mountain Sport Haus in late June 2011 and greatly enyoyed our time there. Sandy and Glen are wonderful hosts, full of converstation and warmth. You can just hang out and relax on the porches or bring your bikes and get a tour of the local hills affectionally known as the Alpe d'Huez. Sandy is a yoga instructor and will give you a private class to loosen up those tight hamstrings if you so desire. I was a bit nervous this was going to be a place for super strong athletes. People seeking a quiet weekend, delicious food, wine, cappucinno and a good rest in a very comfortable bed will be as happy as the athletes. Do everything or do nothing!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple