Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
FindHotel
US$115
View deal
Free cancellation until 19/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews clark gable creaky wood floors piece of history gas station night's sleep air conditioning hear everything bed was comfortable cookies suite california earplugs
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2021

My husband and I stumbled upon this beautiful historic inn and we were so intrigued . We were there for about six days and five nights and WOW. It was such a beautiful experience and a piece of history all in one. The staff was AMAZING. The new caretakers, Jeremy and his wife Nancy, were the greatest. We're from Florida and have never been to the west coast. Jeremy told us all the cool places to go and we had the best experience in all the vacations we've ever taken. We can't thank them enough and wish them the best of luck especially w/ COVID19 that hit us all very hard. Again, we can't thank you enough! We're definitely coming back!

Date of stay: May 2021
2  Thank CoreyY52
Reviewed 12 August 2020

In the past month, I've stayed at the Wolf Creek Inn twice. The first experience was interesting to say the least. They were short on staff in the kitchen, which pulled away from staff managing the front desk. I never was formally checked in to the room and ended up having to show myself up to my room. Eventually I received a key for the room (this was about 4 hours after we had arrived). That day, the food in the restaurant was delicious but my order was wrong. After waiting nearly 2 hours to eat, I didn't care that it wasn't the right food because I was starving. We didn't sleep well that night due to disturbances across the street at the gas station that went on for hours (crackheads outside fist fighting each other, rummaging through cars, yelling / screaming).

I decided to book a second trip for my 10 year anniversary, hoping that this would be the trip that Wolf Creek Inn would redeem themselves. Upon arriving, there was a sign saying that the restaurant was closed; this was a bummer because decent food is almost half an hour away and we had planned on eating at the Inn. We received a text saying that we would be checking ourselves in; the instructions were straight forward. We stayed in the Clark Gable Suite. Similar to my previous experience, disturbances across the street went on until very early in the morning. Even sleeping with earplugs in, I could hear everything going on across the street (cars that were trying to drag race through Wolf Creek, showing off their engines from 10:30 PM to nearly 3 in the morning.

Overall, two stays within a month of each other and the Inn did not redeem itself. This morning, I was so exhausted from not getting any sleep that I was actually looking forward to go back home and sleep in my own bed. It is highly unlikely I will ever stay at this place again.

Room tip: Clark Gable Suite is extremely loud
Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank shanny9025
Reviewed 2 August 2020

We stopped here on a Northern California / Oregon motorcycle trip.

First impression was great. Cool-looking, clean, historic building; well-kept grounds, old-school, wood and metal doors; creaky wood floors (which I don't mind at all).

All the staff was friendly and outgoing right off the bat, and accommodating (except for one sticking point, I'll describe in a minute).

The dinner was very good, seating outside was great (just some big picnic tables but I didn't care because the seating area was such a nice place to be), staff did their best to make it pleasant amid stupid covid, and did a great job.

The room was clean and everything worked like the modern-day, yet the room still retained it's historic ambience. Nice. Bed was comfortable.

We had to leave early for a river trip, so didn't have any breakfast, so I can't speak to that.

Be aware that the Inn is pretty much about it in that town. Across the street is a market and gas station and a red neck-ish bar. The closest other amenities are in towns several miles away. So, if you stay here, be prepared to just settle in and enjoy the Inn itself and the food--which is easy to do because both were great.

I'd gladly stay here again if I was riding through in the future!

OK. Now.....

I'll share one last thing, it's meant for the owners, and I say this on all my reviews from our motorcycle trip...so I'm not picking on any one place. If you have people that ask if they can do some of their own laundry, the answer should always be "yes"! Every place has laundry machines. They have to. So, especially for motorcycle adventurers who can't carry as much as people in cars, and especially because a lot cool, historic hotels are in small towns that may not even have laundromats (like...Wolf Creek!) just say "yes" to the laundry question. Tell them it's available only after a certain time (so your staff can do their work first), charge them $5 for the use, charge them $10...whatever, sometimes I would've paid like $20 for the convenience. Or be extra nice and don't charge them. But...just let them use the laundry machines. It's a really nice thing you can offer for your guests.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank I88IMeriks
Reviewed 1 December 2019

My man and I added this well kept and thoughtfully maintained Inn to our 30 year Repertoire of Historic Stays. It was our joy to find every area immaculately kept. And how
welcoming Jessie & Andrew were. Home away from home. Earplugs necessary for I 5 side..but hey,they had me! Dinners were scrumptious. Fireside patio, lovely. Totally enjoyed the stay and the ghost town Golden was a Gem. Thank you,
B and KK

Date of stay: November 2019
3  Thank KKMaregirl
Wolf C, Owner at Wolf Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2019

Great having you folks. State of Bigfoot is June 20th, just sayin'.

Reviewed 13 November 2019

My sister and I spent a fantastic weekend at this beautiful historic Inn. From the moment we walked in, we were treated as family. Our accommodations were great, and the meals we had were OUTSTANDING. The entire staff at the Inn are there to make you happy. If you are looking for a great getaway (and friendly spirits who call the Inn home), make a reservations. You won't be disappointed. Hats off to the staff and Chef!!

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Robin E
GShroyer, Manager at Wolf Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2019

Thank you for the lovely review! It was our pleasure having you as our guests. We hope to see you again.